Mike Pence for President - 2017

Either way he's another failure. The whole party is. At least he's not dangerous to the world though.

I would say not as dangerous. All U.S. presidents are potentially dangerous to the world, and I'm assuming Pence doesn't believe in climate change either. All climate change deniers who have a say in policy are dangerous to the world.

Just not in the nuclear holocaust-causing way.

Ryan's hands are not clean of this either. Prior to Trump's stunning win, Ryan's career was on the verge of completely sinking. Whether he has any principle or backbone is at this point already asked and answered.

But I'd prefer the President Ryan scenario far more than Pence.

Paul Ryan might be the most feckless, spineless sack of crap in Washington. That guy seems to me to have no sense of morality and no set of guiding beliefs other than taking money away from poor people to give to rich people. And he's willing to bow down to Trump to do so, looking the other way for everything Trump does to further his own agenda.

Don't forget, this is a man who couldn't be bothered to take a stand or even state a public position when it was discovered that the leader of his party bragged of grabbing the pussies of married women. Yet, there he was, stumping for President Trump down the home stretch.

Pence and Ryan are both gross. I see them similarly enacting a non-inclusive agenda that sees its benefits targeted to people like them - Christians and the rich, mainly. They both strike me as your garden variety smarmy, smug liars.

But hey, at least they're mentally stable adults. That's an improvement.

• Fire 1

Do we ever get close to a worthwhile human being if we go 20 or 30 deep in the line of succesion?

Trump, Pence, Ryan, Hillary, Pelosi, Frank (not that this is the order) but...

Our politicians suck and we REALLY suck at electing people.

• Fire 2