CFB Win Totals 2017 Released

Not all have been released, but I was more than surprised at Nebraska's line. 6-6 would be a push for this sports book in Vegas

Big 10

Indiana 5 1/2

Iowa 6 1/2

Michigan 9

Michigan St 6 1/2

Nebraska 6

Northwestern 7

Ohio St 10

Penn St 9 1/2

Wisconsin 9 1/2

https://news.wagertalk.com/2017-college-football-season-win-totals/

That doesn't really surprise me. Nebraska really hasn't done anything the last 10+ years to warrant anything better than a 6-6 or 5-7 prognostication.

I personally don't think Nebraska will be that bad, but I am acknowledging that it is entirely possible.

Not all have been released, but I was more than surprised at Nebraska's line. 6-6 would be a push for this sports book in Vegas

Big 10

Indiana 5 1/2

Iowa 6 1/2

Michigan 9

Michigan St 6 1/2

Nebraska 6

Northwestern 7

Ohio St 10

Penn St 9 1/2

Wisconsin 9 1/2

That doesn't really surprise me. Nebraska really hasn't done anything the last 10+ years to warrant anything better than a 6-6 or 5-7 prognostication.

I personally don't think Nebraska will be that bad, but I am acknowledging that it is entirely possible.

It's possible and I pointed out the changes and new faces we will see this year, but to win a bet that we go at least 7-5 has more than good value IMO

Big 10

Indiana 5 1/2

Iowa 6 1/2

Michigan 9

Michigan St 6 1/2

Nebraska 6

Northwestern 7

Ohio St 10

Penn St 9 1/2

Wisconsin 9 1/2

It's possible and I pointed out the changes and new faces we will see this year, but to win a bet that we go at least 7-5 has more than good value IMO

Oh definitely. If I was a gambling type, I'd put some cash down on the 7 wins or over bet.

If that ends up being the total that is available for betting I'll take the over. I'm not that high on this team bc of lack of upperclassmen talent, but I'd still take the Over 6.

I think most bettors will see a run of the mill P5 team that lost their 4 year starter at QB. 6 wins seems fair in that respect but I think Lee is a much better fit for this offense. Also think we are better in talent/depth overall everywhere sans WR/TE than last year. Still don't see much more than an 8/9 win team until we start getting some real horses in here.

If that ends up being the total that is available for betting I'll take the over. I'm not that high on this team bc of lack of upperclassmen talent, but I'd still take the Over 6.

I think most bettors will see a run of the mill P5 team that lost their 4 year starter at QB. 6 wins seems fair in that respect but I think Lee is a much better fit for this offense. Also think we are better in talent/depth overall everywhere sans WR/TE than last year. Still don't see much more than an 8/9 win team until we start getting some real horses in here.

I think what many of the "Nebraska will finish 5-7 or 6-6" folks are forgetting is that most of this season's toughest games are in Lincoln, chiefly: Wisconsin, Ohio State, Northwestern, and Iowa.

This team has the potential to be 10-2 in the regular season this year.

If the line comes out at 6 flat, I'll bet a HEFTY amount. Only threat to lose money is if we can't win more than 5... Ark St, NIU, Rutgers, Purdue, Illinois is an easy 5. And to think we won't win 1 of the other 7? Might start praying that's what they open the line at.

Not all have been released, but I was more than surprised at Nebraska's line. 6-6 would be a push for this sports book in Vegas Big 10

Indiana 5 1/2

Iowa 6 1/2

Michigan 9

Michigan St 6 1/2

Nebraska 6

Northwestern 7

Ohio St 10

Penn St 9 1/2

Wisconsin 9 1/2

Uh sure.....if you completely ignore that we have won 9 games in the vast majority of those years. But don't let facts influence your Debbie Downer narrative.

I'm not saying 9 wins in some of those years is great, or good enough, but it's a far cry from only 5 or 6.

• Fire 6

Not all have been released, but I was more than surprised at Nebraska's line. 6-6 would be a push for this sports book in Vegas Big 10

Indiana 5 1/2

Iowa 6 1/2

Michigan 9

Michigan St 6 1/2

Nebraska 6

Northwestern 7

Ohio St 10

Penn St 9 1/2

Wisconsin 9 1/2

Uh sure.....if you completely ignore that we have won 9 games in the vast majority of those years. But don't let facts influence your Debbie Downer narrative.

I'm not saying 9 wins in some of those years is great, or good enough, but it's a far cry from only 5 or 6.

Yes we've won nine games many years. Not denying that so...???

To contrast, during those nine win seasons, we've also suffered through far more than our share of embarrassing, humiliating, and utterly cringe-worthy beatdowns...usually all happening in primetime, with most of the country watching.

While it's true that a loss by 59 counts the same as loss by 3 (one loss)...

National perception of how "strong" Nebraska is get skewered tremendously to the negative by taking 2-3 drubbings by 30+ points a season.

And I am not a Debbie downer either. I am simply acknowledging that while we've won nine games in many seasons the past 9 years, we've also quite frequently looked like a pee-wee team against far too many opponents.