CFB Win Totals 2017 Released

Bummer. Bovada released 7.5 also.

What would a $100 bet for Nebraska to clear 7.5 wins be worth?

Money lines are set in bets of $100

Oregon +120

Nebraska -130

In this instance, the Huskers are the favored team, as signified by the - (minus) written in front of the 130, while the Ducks are the underdogs, as designated by the + (plus) in front of the 120.

What these numbers mean is that those wishing to bet on the favorite, the Huskers, will have to risk $130 to win $100, while those wanting to wager on the underdog, the Ducks, will risk $100 to win $120.

It's important to remember that even though money lines are expressed in units of $100, you do not have to bet that much money.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Bovada Over/Under: (7, Over -130, Under EVEN)

SportsLine Projection: 6.2 wins

Comment: Coach Mike Riley fired defensive coordinator Mark Banker and replaced him with former Connecticut coach Bob Diaco after a leaky defense was the primary culprit in the Cornhuskers losing four of their final six games last season. Tulane transfer Tanner Lee should be a capable heir apparent to longtime starter Tommy Armstrong at quarterback. Assessing their talent and schedule, I can't find an edge on what appears to be an accurate number. Lean: Push.

Sportsline

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, I want to put $100 on that line right now!

500... someone let me know when Bovada posts em.

Have contemplated a Bovada account for awhile. If they post six I may create an account, deposit whatever gets there most bonus and put it all on the over.

Dang. Too late on Bovada. Plus a lot of juice to take the over.

I still like it but not enough to put anything on it.

Bovada now has the line at 7 with no juice on the over.

So I went with what I could get the max bonus for an put it all on the over.

• 3 months later...

Re-reading this thread...wow...what a difference just over 5 months makes.

I think I'm the only one who acknowledged the possibility, right of the bat, that 5-7 or 6-6 was possible, but hell even I didn't think Nebraska would be THIS bad.  I thought this team had a chance at 10-2 and said so...

Regarding my comments about Nebraska vs Wisconsin...well I'll just let this year's results do the talking for me.  I take no joy in saying that Nebraska can't beat a team.  But when you lose so often to a particular team, it ceases to be bad luck and becomes something else entirely.  In Nebraska's case, we're not physically capable of matching the Badgers (or the Gophers for that matter).

4 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Re-reading this thread...wow...what a difference just over 5 months makes.

I think I'm the only one who acknowledged the possibility, right of the bat, that 5-7 or 6-6 was possible, but hell even I didn't think Nebraska would be THIS bad.  I thought this team had a chance at 10-2 and said so...

Regarding my comments about Nebraska vs Wisconsin...well I'll just let this year's results do the talking for me.  I take no joy in saying that Nebraska can't beat a team.  But when you lose so often to a particular team, it ceases to be bad luck and becomes something else entirely.  In Nebraska's case, we're not physically capable of matching the Badgers (or the Gophers for that matter).

The Vegas win total opened at 6 so no, you weren't the only one.  I'm not trying to be condescending at all but if you know the way that win totals are set up than a 10-2 record would've been a gigantic reach.  Vegas doesn't make a lot of mistakes by that large of margin. 

Edited by Xmas32