2017 B1G Tournament

Am I a debbie downer if I am worried that we come in as the #1 seed after our first conf. championship in 12 years and get stomped by Purdue?

They had no problems with Minnesota...

Purdue was playing for a spot in the tournament and I think these kids want to show why we are the #1 seed

Plus, Minnesota has been in a bit of a tailspin the last month or so. I think the kids just need to keep their head on straight and we'll be fine.

It also shows that the top 8 in the big ten are all pretty equal. If a team plays a little above or below their level it will give an unexpected result. With 2 weeks left in the season didn't we have basically a 6 way tie for 2nd place? No matter what happens in this tournament NU will not be as good as the early 2000's and not as bad as we have been. Day by Day - GBR!!!

It also shows that the top 8 in the big ten are all pretty equal. If a team plays a little above or below their level it will give an unexpected result. With 2 weeks left in the season didn't we have basically a 6 way tie for 2nd place? No matter what happens in this tournament NU will not be as good as the early 2000's and not as bad as we have been. Day by Day - GBR!!!

I think this is the one thing that really hurts the expectations for NU baseball fans. They got spoiled under Dave Van Horn (one of the best coaches in college baseball) and the 2005 team was loaded with amazing in-state talent. The amount of Nebraska-bred talent is once in a generation type thing that rarely happens. 18 players on that 2005 roster were eventually drafted by MLB, and a lot of them were in-state players. It's unreasonable for the state of Nebraska to produce that same amount of talent on a regular basis.

I think this is the one thing that really hurts the expectations for NU baseball fans. They got spoiled under Dave Van Horn (one of the best coaches in college baseball) and the 2005 team was loaded with amazing in-state talent. The amount of Nebraska-bred talent is once in a generation type thing that rarely happens. 18 players on that 2005 roster were eventually drafted by MLB, and a lot of them were in-state players. It's unreasonable for the state of Nebraska to produce that same amount of talent on a regular basis.
Also the fact of playing in the Big 12 helped, very competitive conference.

Yes, that helped raise the bar for NU baseball and it was a good reason for talented players to stay in-state at Nebraska. I don't know how much quality talent has left Nebraska in recent years, but I do remember some Omaha kids go to more prominent baseball conferences in recent years.

Yes, that helped raise the bar for NU baseball and it was a good reason for talented players to stay in-state at Nebraska. I don't know how much quality talent has left Nebraska in recent years, but I do remember some Omaha kids go to more prominent baseball conferences in recent years.

Wasn't this something that Erstad had committed to work on with recruiting (re: in-state talent leaving or going to Creighton)?

I don't argue this at all. Have your best pitcher ready for the biggest game.
Hopefully he shows up.....he's giving up 8 runs his last two outings

I think he's referencing having Meyers available for possible championship game, or another important game in the tournament.

Yes, Game 1 is important in a double-elimination tournament, but when to use Meyers is a great unknown, especially since he just pitched on Saturday. He really wouldn't have good rest until Friday.