2017 B1G Tournament

Northwestern takes the lead 6-4 top of 9, 1 out

Well, considering the logjam that was the B1G regular season, are we entirely shocked at this happening? :)

Kinda makes me wonder if we need to, as a conference, jettison the tournament and play some extra non-con games (a la Pac-12)?

Northwestern takes the lead 6-4 top of 9, 1 out

Well, considering the logjam that was the B1G regular season, are we entirely shocked at this happening? :)

Kinda makes me wonder if we need to, as a conference, jettison the tournament and play some extra non-con games (a la Pac-12)?

Or allow for another weekend of conference play, so teams can play another conference team and get closer to a round-robin schedule.

So...are we in a rain delay now? It's 4:10p and I've since gotten hungry via B1G Eats and I'm now listening to Keith Jackson drone on about some jackass at Michigan who was part of the team too chicken to meet the 1997 National Champions on the field.

Nevermind, they pushed the start back to 5pm Central/6pm Eastern--there's an alert on BTN at the bottom of the screen.

So...are we in a rain delay now? It's 4:10p and I've since gotten hungry via B1G Eats and I'm now listening to Keith Jackson drone on about some jackass at Michigan who was part of the team too chicken to meet the 1997 National Champions on the field.

Nevermind, they pushed the start back to 5pm Central/6pm Eastern--there's an alert on BTN at the bottom of the screen.

Yep, a rain burst came through near the end of the Northwestern-Michigan game, pushing the evening games back about an hour.

Nebraska will not play on Thursday. Will play the Maryland-Iowa winner on Friday.

So this gives our pitchers an extra day of rest if we don't play until Friday...not too shabby, may pay dividends later on.
I would rather have the game on Thursday so the team stays in their rhythm of playing every day. Plus it will condense the schedule a lot for NU on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Nebraska will not play on Thursday. Will play the Maryland-Iowa winner on Friday.

So this gives our pitchers an extra day of rest if we don't play until Friday...not too shabby, may pay dividends later on.
I would rather have the game on Thursday so the team stays in their rhythm of playing every day. Plus it will condense the schedule a lot for NU on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

If we win, then we'll be okay, schedule-wise. And if we lose...well, the loser's bracket already has a crap schedule to begin with, right? :D

Hopefully the coaches run them through a practice today to keep them fresh.