Sign in to follow this  
Husker John

Terence Crawford

I can't believe ESPN is airing this. Same with the Lomachenko fight.

Two of the best pound for pound fighters.

Will be there.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe ESPN is airing this. Same with the Lomachenko fight.

Two of the best pound for pound fighters.

Will be there.

Yeah I had to double check that myself. I thought maybe it would go PPV over HBO, not down to ESPN.

Looks like ESPN is ramping up their boxing coverage. Had the Pacquiao fight last night (no idea how Horn won that) and picked up the Crawford and Lomachenko fights. Makes it easier for the general public to see fights I guess.

Looks like ESPN is ramping up their boxing coverage. Had the Pacquiao fight last night (no idea how Horn won that) and picked up the Crawford and Lomachenko fights. Makes it easier for the general public to see fights I guess.

I think this will be huge for the popularity of boxing. The promoters, WBO, and WBC know that the sport is waning in its popularity, so they're not going to stand in the way of any ESPN coverage. Sticking to PPV isn't going to help grow the fanbase.

Just happened to run across an ad for this from TicketMaster so I was curious what tickets go for. It looks like some of the tickets (now all sold) went for $75 but most of them are on sale for $25. Not really that expensive. But apparently they aren't even trying to sell 300-level tickets so they're not expecting a huge crowd.

Just happened to run across an ad for this from TicketMaster so I was curious what tickets go for. It looks like some of the tickets (now all sold) went for $75 but most of them are on sale for $25. Not really that expensive. But apparently they aren't even trying to sell 300-level tickets so they're not expecting a huge crowd.

you have to remember that there will be floor seating.

I never expected it to sell out, but expect a good crowd because A. it will be the event down in the Haymarket, and B. many people will go that have no clue about boxing because he's from Omaha and want to chant go big red.

The 300 level was closed for the Iron Maiden show as well. Those tickets were relocated to lower levels and there still was a sh#t ton of people there

• Upvote 1

I saw some of the floor seats going for as much as $7,000. Others for closer to $4,000. Still a touch out of my price range.

On 7/21/2017 at 3:41 PM, The Dude said:

I saw some of the floor seats going for as much as $7,000. Others for closer to $4,000. Still a touch out of my price range.

The IBF pulled the same sh#t on Tyson Fury when he won 3 belts from Klitschko.  They're kinda douchers.

Makes more sense to move up to 147 anyway.  I don't think there's much left for him at 140.

Just line up Bud vs Errol Spence now.  Forget Horn and Nate Thurmond.  Spence and Crawford are the elite of the Welterweights.  And Spence is just going to keep getting better and better

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, PaulCrewe said:

Just line up Bud vs Errol Spence now.  Forget Horn and Nate Thurmond.  Spence and Crawford are the elite of the Welterweights.  And Spence is just going to keep getting better and better

I thought he was moving up to fight Horn?

8 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

I thought he was moving up to fight Horn?

He is, all are welterweights.  Spence and Crawford are/will be the class of the field and would be the best fight.  Talking potential fight of the year

• Plus1 1

Khan should put up a game effort but he makes too many mistakes that an elite level fighter like Crawford is going to tag him and probably put him to sleep.

I expect Crawford to win, and I expect him to look like the best boxer in the world doing it, as per usual.  Khan is probably a more dangerous opponent than many are giving him credit for though.  He has a lot of quality wins on his record.

Crawford has outclassed Khan after figuring him out early in the first round.  Khan’s corner was looking to quit after the 3rd round.  Crawford did hit him square in the nuts though.  But almost seems like that was the excuse Khan’s corner was looking for to stop the fight 

• Plus1 1

Best thing that occurred last night was after the fight Bud didn’t mention the two names people stupidly had been throwing out recently for him to fight.  No mention of Manny or Floyd.  Floyd isn’t a moron and going to come out of his undefeated retirement to face(well attempt to dance around) a guy in his prime that would beat him.  Manny is still fighting, but that fight does jack for Bud except probably fatten his bank account.

Calling for Spence is what boxing wanted to hear.  Abrum calling for fans to boycott watching any PBC fights until it happens wasn’t probably the best move to smooth over current relations with him and PBC promoters but needed to be said.  Spence and maybe Shawn Porter/Danny Garcia are the only challenges good fights for Crawford in this class.  He’d destroy Nate Thurmond(who has a belt) but Nate is coming back from a very long injury layoff and wants nothing to do with the big dogs(Bud, Spence, Porter) for a long while.

Cant wait for Bud’s next sparring session that probably happens end of September/October