Terence Crawford

3 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Porter ducked into a left upper cut for the first knockdown and then a combo of hooks sent him to the canvas again.  Still shocked Ken Porter stopped this

I was a bit surprised by that, too.

Great fight. I had Bud up 5-4 going into the 10th. I had him winning the 10th even before the knock down.

Is Bud done with Top Rank now? I'd like to see him fight Spence.

4 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

Is Bud done with Top Rank now? I'd like to see him fight Spence.

Yes, I believe that was his last fight under the contract.

Judges all had Crawford ahead.  I was at 5-4 Bud going into the 10, and of course that would have been a monster round for Bud if it had continued.  Rounds 2-7 really could have gone either way.  Porter was busier, but Bud was landing smoe very clean shots and combos.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Yes, I believe that was his last fight under the contract.

Judges all had Crawford ahead.  I was at 5-4 Bud going into the 10, and of course that would have been a monster round for Bud if it had continued.  Rounds 2-7 really could have gone either way.  Porter was busier, but Bud was landing smoe very clean shots and combos.

I had had Bud closely, winning 2 and 7. It was an excellent fight until the 10th round. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

4 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Finally.   Should be a great fight, but oh what could have been a couple of years ago,  Bud cutting ties with Top Rank helped this finally happen.  However, Spence trashing his Lambo while drunk did not help the cause either.  Honestly a coin flip at this point.  Spence is bigger and has the edge defensively, while Crawford is the better finisher and more polished puncher due to the ability to fight with both hands. 

Still will be feeling better once ink on the contract is dry and there is a presser however.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...