The Last Time a Team West of the Mississippi Won A National Title...

Read an article on bleacher report about if current recruits can remember your team's last title and apparently 2018 recruits can only remember back to 2007 when LSU won and Tebow won the Heisman.

But the fact that stook out to me was that these recruits were 5 years old when a team west of the Mississippi won the national title. And that was Texas in 2005.

• Fire 1

I know they ended up vacating it, but they can't remember USC winning just the year before in 2004?

Probably not. If you figure seniors are 17 maybe 18 upon graduation that means they were only 4-5 at absolute oldest when USC won. Then the rest of the recruits Freshmen through Junior have probably zero chance of remembering that. Texas is probably unlikely too unless their family had a strong rooting interest in it.

How is this surprising? The earliest I can remember watching a Husker game was during the 94' season when I was 9 years old. In fact, I can't remember much of anything before 4th-5th grade. My parents will bring things up, but I generally have no recollection. The SEC has dominated for the past decade. No recruit can remember when Nebraska was dominating. They would have been 1 or 2 when we made the national championship game in 2001.

Yea. I remember watching the 96 game vs Va Tech. That's the earliest Husker game I remember. I was 8. I KNEW of the others but don't remember watching them at all (if I did)

I will say I did not sit down and watch games until the 98 season. I specifically remember where I was during Crouch getting decapitated, and during the loss to Arizona in the Holiday bowl.

I was 10 when I started watching football with actual intent.