The Last Time a Team West of the Mississippi Won A National Title...

Granted, I'm 36 years old and probably forgotten much more than an 18 year old. But just doing a "thought experiment" myself, my earliest true memory of a football game on TV is Super Bowl XXIV between the Broncos and 49ers in 1990. I would have been 9 years old.

Mine is similar. 9YO, 49ers/Dolphins superbowl. 1985..... old.

The earliest game I remember was the 1/1/94 game against FSU, and the missed kick, I would have been 9. I just remember my grandparents being deflated and I cried when we missed the kick.

my first game that I remember was the 2001 Colorado game when I was 5...

I'm sure I saw football before this, but the first I can remember is the Clemson Orange Bowl. Would've been almost 9. Next season I remember watching the screw job against PSU, but the game that really hooked me was '82 NU/OU game. Was watching with relatives, and the house went nuts when Strasburger picked off that pass. I remember the camera shaking and oranges flying on the field. It was awesome. Haven't since missed a game either in person, tv, or radio.

I'm sure I watched games before this but the first one I remember was being in Boulder for the 1987 game. It was REALLY cold. Our seats were up on the sideline but there were so few people there we moved down and sat in the third row in the corner of the end zone. Keith Jones turned the corner and ran 50 yards for a TD right at us.

Was 4 when I bawled after my neighbor took my (well) older brothers to the spring game without me, that was 1990, and they came home with a players elbow pad and signatures on their "DARE" pledge shirt, my brother still has that shirt and can read Clinton Childs' signature. Was 6 in '91 when we lost to UW Huskies and we had just moved to Olympia WA, that was a tough stretch of being a Husker fan in Husky territory. Vaguely remember the '93 loss to FSU, I remember the BS flag on the punt return and the last drive shanked FG, but it wasn't until '94 orange bowl when our family vacationed to relatives in SoCal for Christmas/NYE and my brother gave me crap for hanging out with my cousin instead of watching the Husker game in its entirety, he said I wasn't a "real Husker" fan, so '95 i recorded every game on TV and have been a diehard since.

Now I'm on Huskerboard nerding out with the rest of you faithful fans

Was 4 when I bawled after my neighbor took my (well) older brothers to the spring game without me, that was 1990, and they came home with a players elbow pad and signatures on their "DARE" pledge shirt, my brother still has that shirt and can read Clinton Childs' signature. Was 6 in '91 when we lost to UW Huskies and we had just moved to Olympia WA, that was a tough stretch of being a Husker fan in Husky territory. Vaguely remember the '93 loss to FSU, I remember the BS flag on the punt return and the last drive shanked FG, but it wasn't until '94 orange bowl when our family vacationed to relatives in SoCal for Christmas/NYE and my brother gave me crap for hanging out with my cousin instead of watching the Husker game in its entirety, he said I wasn't a "real Husker" fan, so '95 i recorded every game on TV and have been a diehard since.

Now I'm on Huskerboard nerding out with the rest of you faithful fans

Holy sh#t, resign and come back when you're a real husker fan. Fyi, dont tell any real husker fan that story. Its embarrassing to even just read it.