2017 Road To Omaha

Hopefully we win 1. I'm guessing we go 0-2.

sounds about right. the best team that Erstad has had so far (the '14 team) could only go 1-2 in a similar situation and i kind of expect similar results.

This is also the first team that Erstad has taken to a conference title so expecting 0-2 is silly - could it happen sure, however more likely that we finish in the W column.

Hopefully we win 1. I'm guessing we go 0-2.

sounds about right. the best team that Erstad has had so far (the '14 team) could only go 1-2 in a similar situation and i kind of expect similar results.

This is also the first team that Erstad has taken to a conference title so expecting 0-2 is silly - could it happen sure, however more likely that we finish in the W column.

Erstad never had a team win a Big Ten title, so why not now win a regional? Stranger things have happened. Just need some luck and strong defense and pitching, the rest will take care of itself.

We go against probably the toughest team in the country, but I'm okay with this. Let's take out OSU and maybe bring the Super back to Lincoln.

i like your optimism! If we win the regional to host, the other side of the bracket (Clemson regional) would need the #3 or #4 to win (unless their #2 couldn't host - based on us being the lowest seeded #2 in all likelihood)

Seems like in one of these threads that somebody was calling for Erstads head and mentioned that MR should be coaching (my details are probably slightly off) however what would the fans in OSU say if MR showed up for NU and took the regional in Corvallis.

I like the bring it on mindset. You can only control what you can control. If we'd have won a few more games we'd have a better regional. But we don't, so it is what it is.

If we can somehow upend OSU this team has a heck of a lot of heart and definitely deserves to be in a super-regional.

Don't count out grinders. This team can definitely make it interesting, just need to be for a couple days and not just one game.

EDIT: just wanted to make sure I clarified I was agreeing with your post lol.