Season Ticket Question

For the last several years, I've gotten tickets that belong to an elderly couple that are too old to physically attend games.

After 35 years, they've decided to not renew their tickets, and have asked if I want those seats. With an emphatic yes, they want to help me keep a hold of these seats.

Now, I know there's no way im keeping these seats for the $150/seat donation level they're at, but can't quite swallow the $750/seat the ticket office wants for these seats.

What are my chances, from some expert opinions, of getting these tickets for $500/seat?

Thanks in advance.

You should offer to pay the couple's donation and the cost of the season tickets so that you still have access to the tickets at the same cost.

Don't contact the ticket office until they have said no to renewing the season tickets.

My family is in a similar situation. My mom has been able to get her season tickets without a donation, since my father had season tickets since the 1960s. My mom can't go to the games anymore, but we are going to keep buying the tickets, as long as she's alive.

• Fire 1

I've been doing just that for a few years.

The Mr really doesnt want to deal with it any longer. He's held on to themwith hopes his son or grandkids wanted them long term, and would give them POA eventually.

It turns out, none of the kids/grandkids can afford them.That's why I've been getting this honey of a deal for the last few years. Looks likethe 2017 season will be my last bargain season.

Thanks Mavric.

Ive already paid for 2017.

I should have clarified, and stated for the 2018 season.

I paid them donation beginning of the year, and paid for the balance in March. Unless I get those lottery tOSU tickets, then pay another check.

You should offer to pay the couple's donation and the cost of the season tickets so that you still have access to the tickets at the same cost.

Don't contact the ticket office until they have said no to renewing the season tickets.

My family is in a similar situation. My mom has been able to get her season tickets without a donation, since my father had season tickets since the 1960s. My mom can't go to the games anymore, but we are going to keep buying the tickets, as long as she's alive.

Even then they are going to pretend like she is alive...someday we will hear about how ColoradoHusk's Mom is 132 years old.

Even then they are going to pretend like she is alive...someday we will hear about how ColoradoHusk's Mom is 132 years old.

Yeah, pretty much.

My family's seats are in the 1250 donation area and we have never paid a donation. We have had the seats since 1962. My mom still buys them every year, but hasn't been to a game since my dad died in 2010. I actually looked into getting the seats put inot my name a few years ago. They wanted 1500 per seat to put them in my name and 1000 per seat donation after that. It is not really about whether you can afford the donations to me it is just plain extortion.

My sister has a joint account with my mom, we are going to try to have her address changed to my sister's house in Omaha, then we are going to have my mom sign about a pad of checkes so we can keep the tickets forever. :B)

Nothing against anyone here doing the old switcheroo with season tickets as I would be doing the same thing, but based on what I'm hearing with ticket policies won't there be a lot of season tickets coming available in the next 10-15 years? People will be unfortunately passing away and the ticket office will get wise to John Smith who has been alive with season tickets for 70 years and start charging everyone donations and a lot won't want/be able to pay the high costs.

I had thought everyone paid these donation prices as my parents were never big live game people so they never had season tickets but hearing that (a lot?) of people are grandfathered in scares me a bit for the donation levels and if the University can keep up the sales?

I think there are already quite a few becoming available every year. But I agree there will be more all the time.

They've already dropped some of the donation levels after the East Stadium Expansion. The seats I used to have in South Stadium before moving to East Stadium after it expanded are now going for quite a bit less than what I was paying for them 4-5 years ago. And with the trouble they've had getting all of them sold, I would think it would make sense to keep dropping at least the lower-end donations to make them easier to sell, especially if they are picking up more donations as grandfathered seats change hands - and more TV money starts rolling in.

I think there are already quite a few becoming available every year. But I agree there will be more all the time.

They've already dropped some of the donation levels after the East Stadium Expansion. The seats I used to have in South Stadium before moving to East Stadium after it expanded are now going for quite a bit less than what I was paying for them 4-5 years ago. And with the trouble they've had getting all of them sold, I would think it would make sense to keep dropping at least the lower-end donations to make them easier to sell, especially if they are picking up more donations as grandfathered seats change hands - and more TV money starts rolling in.

I am sure that the required donation levels at the lower end of the spectrum depends on the overall budget that the Athletic Department wants to have, and how much surplus they want/able to keep.

I am sure that the required donation levels at the lower end of the spectrum depends on the overall budget that the Athletic Department wants to have, and how much surplus they want/able to keep.

Yep. That's why they made some of the seats available without any donation.

But my old Seats in South Stadium used to be kind of mid-range on the spectrum so it's not just the lower end.

Yep. That's why they made some of the seats available without any donation.

But my old Seats in South Stadium used to be kind of mid-range on the spectrum so it's not just the lower end.

Correct, I am sure they do financial analyses for all the donation levels and the impact they would have on the overall budget.