Ameer Abdullah

It wasn't good news that Detroit's revamped coaching staff immediately curtailed Abdullah's touches, only one rush in the new regime's first game.

But this will help his case.

The fact that it was a 104 yard kick return that DIDN'T result in a touchdown may actually have gotten him more press. It ties a very strange NFL record.

• Fire 4
  • 2 months later...

In sports, there are important characteristics about your players that you have to be aware of. Height, weight, quickness, agility, speed, how lanky or stocky the player is, strength, instinct, reaction time, knowledge, understanding, vision... the list goes on and on.

But things like race, ethnicity, religion, and political or sexual orientation have no impact on the players on field performance. So such things shouldn't matter to a coach. Or to fans for that matter.

Not only Ameer, but from what I understand, his whole family are great people. Salt of the earth people.

I'm hoping there's some other explanation for that story. It's one source so far (I don't see a name on the original text), so maybe there's more to it than this. But if this is the whole story... that's an amazing lack of understanding of a great human being.

• Mavric changed the title to Ameer Abdullah