LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

17 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

No. Usually a guy From Nebraska would at least be forthright and say, Nebraska is definitely in it if they were. Truly hope I’m wrong. This is the must get of the class.

As stated before, he's not a traditional Nebraska kid, so he has no in-state bias.

There is also no player that is a "must get" because none are bigger than the program. There are other talented players out there.

giphy.gif

Edited by HS_Coach_C
  • Plus1 6

9 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

As stated before, he's not a traditional Nebraska kid, so he has no in-state bias.

There is also no player that is a "must get" because none are bigger than the program. There are other talented players out there.

I threw out my thoughts on what is the true value of in-state recruits, see here...

My argument is essentially an in-state player that has been a life-long fan of the program (and dreams to play for Nebraska) brings an immediate tie to the values of the program and an internal motivation do what it takes to see the program succeed. I think Henrich defines an in-state prospect that does not provide any greater value that an equally talented out-of-state prospect would bring, given his general apathy for the in-state school growing up.

32 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

giphy.gif

You keep saying this, when did his family move to Nebraska

57 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

You keep saying this, when did his family move to Nebraska

It’s really irrelevant when his family moved to Nebraska.  If the parents aren’t fans, the kids likely aren’t either.

I moved to Minnesota 14 years ago.  My kids that were born here aren’t Gophers fans by any means.

• Plus1 4

On 4/18/2018 at 6:28 PM, StPaulHusker said:

It’s really irrelevant when his family moved to Nebraska.  If the parents aren’t fans, the kids likely aren’t either.

I moved to Minnesota 14 years ago.  My kids that were born here aren’t Gophers fans by any means.

I was born in Minnesota and I am not a fan of the Goofs...obviously. My daughter wears her Husker gear proudly and yells Go Big Red!

• Plus1 1
On 4/18/2018 at 4:56 PM, HS_Coach_C said:

giphy.gif

Obviously keeping the best players in the state is very high priority.  Frost has explicitly stated as much.  That doesn't mean they're bigger than the program.  

I'm not sure how anyone can see what Harrison Phillips did at Stanford and still think we can afford to let these types of players go elsewhere.

Absolutely must get.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Obviously keeping the best players in the state is very high priority.  Frost has explicitly stated as much.  That doesn't mean they're bigger than the program.  

I'm not sure how anyone can see what Harrison Phillips did at Stanford and still think we can afford to let these types of players go elsewhere.

Absolutely must get.

Big difference here. Phillips was hardly recruited at all until it was very late. Frost and his staff have been after Henrich since they got here.

If he still chooses to leave, it won't be the staff's fault for not trying.

2 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Probably ok with it since they had legitimate reasons. 

Again, legitimate question. Is junior prom that big of a deal in Omaha? Especially when it takes a dude 45 minutes to get ready for 6-7pm dinner. 

Where I grew up, it was looked down on if any non seniors attended prom unless they were asked by a senior or were a part of a group.

What I’m wondering is if there is a perceived lack of effort for something that doesn’t appear difficult to balance.

20 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Again, legitimate question. Is junior prom that big of a deal in Omaha? Especially when it takes a dude 45 minutes to get ready for 6-7pm dinner. 

Where I grew up, it was looked down on if any non seniors attended prom unless they were asked by a senior or were a part of a group.

What I’m wondering is if there is a perceived lack of effort for something that doesn’t appear difficult to balance.

Unless prom was at 11AM, it isn’t a legitimate reason to not make the spring game if you are that interested in being part of the team.

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

I grew up in a smaller town in NE Nebraska.  We viewed prom as a "passing of the torch" from the Seniors to the Juniors; all were expected there.  Technically, our Juniors hosted the prom for the Seniors with roasting type speeches from each class president.  It is close to the same mindset at my school now, just west of Omaha.

Prom is a big deal for a lot of kids.  A spring game where the coaches really aren't going to be as accessible as most other spring weekends isn't.  If this kid cares, at all, about Nebraska, he knows what the gameday atmosphere is like.

edit: Kids don't miss Saturday day activities because they're busy. They miss them because they are resting for Saturday night/Sunday morning.  Post Prom goes until 3/4 a.m.

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric pinned this topic