LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Anyone else feel like if we miss out on him and Hickman it could sink all of Frosts momentum?

No.  I have a feeling Frost is going to land a pretty good recruiting class no matter what.

Besides, these aren't lifelong Husker fans we're talking about.

• Plus1 2

What really sucks is that Nebraska has been down for so long that the true pride of playing for the Huskers might be down a bit too...plus, you add in the fact that the previous three regimes were not overly interested in local kids.

Frost is the one that can bring this local pride back. Add in Held and Ruud that can only help and will be huge to continue Frost's ability to get the pride back. 

The local kids that have committed are great, hopefully the staff can get Henrich and Hickman as well...that would be amazing!!!!

1 minute ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

What really sucks is that Nebraska has been down for so long that the true pride of playing for the Huskers might be down a bit too...plus, you add in the fact that the previous three regimes were not overly interested in local kids.

Frost is the one that can bring this local pride back. Add in Held and Ruud that can only help and will be huge to continue Frost's ability to get the pride back. 

The local kids that have committed are great, hopefully the staff can get Henrich and Hickman as well...that would be amazing!!!!

That, and Henrich is an Iowa Legacy, so even if Nebraska were up, it would be tricky getting him here. 

I think it's going to be a dogfight between us and the Hawkeyes for him. 

People who follow recruiting know that Hickman, being from Texas, and Henrich are both going to be battles.  Ones that we may not win, and that has nothing to do with Frost and his recruiting capabilities and everything to do with the two best in state prospects having other ties.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, ADS said:

People who follow recruiting know that Hickman, being from Texas, and Henrich are both going to be battles.  Ones that we may not win, and that has nothing to do with Frost and his recruiting capabilities and everything to do with the two best in state prospects having other ties.

Yeah, but the majortiy of our fan base doesn’t follow recruiting as closely as we do on HB. 

So the average fan is going to say...

Hey, these two guys are from Nebraska and Frost said we are going to be #Homegrown but he couldn’t even land the 2 best prospects in our state?

I guess that was the real question from my post before. I realize they are tough pulls because they have roots elsewhere.

49 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Will be interesting to see how this one plays out if we can land 5 Nebraska kids in a small class cycle. Class size can grow if some players decide to transfer over the next 10 months 

I thought I saw 17 SR’s on scholarship. Add in 3-4 for attrition at least and we are right around 24-25 for this class I would venture to guess.

2 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Yeah, but the majortiy of our fan base doesn’t follow recruiting as closely as we do on HB. 

Hey, these two guys are from Nebraska and Frost said we are going to be #Homegrown but he couldn’t even land the 2 best prospects in our state?

I guess that was the real question from my post before. I realize they are tough pulls because they have roots elsewhere.

I thought I saw 17 SR’s on scholarship. Add in 3-4 for attrition at least and we are right around 24-25 for this class I would venture to guess.

I think the average fan doesn't look at where people are from. I think they just look at stars and say great. At the point you're looking at where guys are from, you probably know enough to know that the families of those guys aren't around. That transition goes pretty quickly with not a lot of middle ground imo. 

As for Nebraska fans, I think we have a little time before we run into the excitement going away. Right now, guys my age are having kids these are going to be kids raised by parents that got the glory years in their childhood. I think we have another 10 years or so before we start worrying about recruits from Nebraska not having a pull. 

11 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Vedral and Dixon will be on scholly next year 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Vedral and Dixon will be on scholly next year 

Dixon already is.

Vedral will be after this season.

By my count, 16 scholarship seniors this year.  Add Vedral and we have 15 scholarships, BIG +3, plus any attrition.  Likely 18-22 Scholarships for next season, possibly more with high attrition.

We also need 4 players to leave before fall camp this year as we're currently at 89 scholarships.

3 hours ago, Huskerzoo said:

I think the average fan doesn't look at where people are from. I think they just look at stars and say great. At the point you're looking at where guys are from, you probably know enough to know that the families of those guys aren't around. That transition goes pretty quickly with not a lot of middle ground imo. 

As for Nebraska fans, I think we have a little time before we run into the excitement going away. Right now, guys my age are having kids these are going to be kids raised by parents that got the glory years in their childhood. I think we have another 10 years or so before we start worrying about recruits from Nebraska not having a pull. 

The average Nebraska fan is from nebraska and knows those two are playing high school football in nebraska.

6 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Dixon already is. Vedral isn’t a lock unless UCF allows it. So I guess we will see.

I think there would have to be limitations on how long UCF can say he can't have a scholarship at Nebraska.  I think it's a given he won't be on scholarship for 2018, but I would be pretty surprised if he wasn't on scholarship for 2019 onward.

• Mavric pinned this topic