LB Nick Henrich [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

91 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Henrich commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

32 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I would't be surprised to see Nick starting next season.  He would have started alongside Mo this season IMO.   Super excited to see this kid play for the huskers!!

I don't think so, he will probably get four games in then probably red shirt Since we have Will, Collin and Jacob at the same Position. However, him and Hannah will make a great combo in the future!

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, FaithfulHusker said:

I don't think so, he will probably get four games in then probably red shirt Since we have Will, Collin and Jacob at the same Position. However, him and Hannah will make a great combo in the future!

Just curious.  Have you seen Nick play?

7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Just curious.  Have you seen Nick play?

Have not attended any of Nicks games due to the state that I live in ; however I do know the current status of our roster and have a Degree in Exercise Science, so I have an idea what weight lifting and nutrition can do for an athlete. I just don't see the point of starting a player when we have a capable talent ahead of him. No matter what, Nick will be a special player at Nebraska.

14 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I have. There's no way he would have started over Young or Honas this past season, barring injury. 

If I would have seen better angles and tackling from Young, I would agree.  We didn't see much of Honas unfortunately.  I just feel that Henrich is going to excel at stopping

the run.  That is something that has been missing at ILB for a while.  Mainly, I just wouldn't be too shocked if Henrich is at least in the two deep next year.

13 minutes ago, FaithfulHusker said:

Have not attended any of Nicks games due to the state that I live in ; however I do know the current status of our roster and have a Degree in Exercise Science, so I have an idea what weight lifting and nutrition can do for an athlete. I just don't see the point of starting a player when we have a capable talent ahead of him. No matter what, Nick will be a special player at Nebraska.

Well the current roster couldn't pass #5 on the depth chart and to me that is concerning.  I think we have some solid ILbs currently, but other than Mo Barry, they need to step up their game. 

No offense, but I'm pretty sure the fact that weight lifting and good nutrition are beneficial for athletes is pretty common knowledge around here.  Congrats on the degree, though.  

4 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

If I would have seen better angles and tackling from Young, I would agree.  We didn't see much of Honas unfortunately.  I just feel that Henrich is going to excel at stopping

the run.  That is something that has been missing at ILB for a while.  Mainly, I just wouldn't be too shocked if Henrich is at least in the two deep next year.

I wouldn't be shocked next year if he's in the two deep either, but Nick doesn't have the body composition necessary for starting in the Big Ten at the moment. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Hannah makes more of an immediate impact than Henrich does. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
27 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Well the current roster couldn't pass #5 on the depth chart and to me that is concerning.  I think we have some solid ILbs currently, but other than Mo Barry, they need to step up their game. 

No offense, but I'm pretty sure the fact that weight lifting and good nutrition are beneficial for athletes is pretty common knowledge around here.  Congrats on the degree, though.  

received_10103725960397463.gif.927a498eff6971c6ddbad8d2200a87a4.gif

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I wouldn't be shocked next year if he's in the two deep either, but Nick doesn't have the body composition necessary for starting in the Big Ten at the moment. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Hannah makes more of an immediate impact than Henrich does. 

He doesn't now, but neither does Young.  I'm basing my original prediction on Nick being able to play in the spring and Duval doing what he does best and add some good weight.  6'4" 215 (or whatever he is now) plus 15 lbs of good muscle will take care of that.  I do agree that Hannah looks pretty darn good too.  The future at linebacker is bright in Huskerland.