Freedom Akinmoladun

His sack states would have been really good if the sh**ty refs would call holding. I never dogged Freedom b/c i could see him giving all every play and getting mugged horribly many times. Why does the B1G have the worst refs?? I ref H.S. football and our 5 man crew does a better job than their 8 refs. I know, i know, "its faster, etc" but with 8 refs it really isnt. You have your area to cover. Its not rocket science. When a guys hands are grabbing the outer shoulder area of an outside pass rusher, stretching the jersey, its a hold.

• Fire 1

I remember a few years ago when Nebraska led the nation in sacks, I went back through all the holding calls called against our opponents and it was shockingly low. We had a fantastic defensive line with Suh, Crick and Allen & Ankrah, but there were hardly ever holds called on the O Lines they faced.

I don't know if this is a Nebraska thing, a Big Ten thing, or an anecdotal thing because I happen to watch this team more than others, but the lack of holding calls against our opponents is something I've noticed before.

I remember a few years ago when Nebraska led the nation in sacks, I went back through all the holding calls called against our opponents and it was shockingly low. We had a fantastic defensive line with Suh, Crick and Allen & Ankrah, but there were hardly ever holds called on the O Lines they faced.

I don't know if this is a Nebraska thing, a Big Ten thing, or an anecdotal thing because I happen to watch this team more than others, but the lack of holding calls against our opponents is something I've noticed before.

I'm fairly certain that it's widely accepted that the B1G doesn't call holding as much as others. I don't know why that is.

• Fire 1

His sack states would have been really good if the sh**ty refs would call holding. I never dogged Freedom b/c i could see him giving all every play and getting mugged horribly many times. Why does the B1G have the worst refs?? I ref H.S. football and our 5 man crew does a better job than their 8 refs. I know, i know, "its faster, etc" but with 8 refs it really isnt. You have your area to cover. Its not rocket science. When a guys hands are grabbing the outer shoulder area of an outside pass rusher, stretching the jersey, its a hold.

They also let our receiver get tackled in the open field before the ball was in the air

I see our line get away with holding fairly frequently, but there doesn't seem to be nearly as many egregious whiffs like against our d-line.

Based on PFF's tweets, you'd think we had a stalwart defense last year. I'm pretty sure they've mentioned at least five of our starters as being in the top 2 or 3 in their metrics and what have you.