Husker receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. cited for marijuana possession

We had this conversation when Randy Gregory got busted.

We had this conversation when Stanley Morgan, Jr. got busted.

We'll have this same conversation when the next player gets busted.

Same people making the same arguments, some guys coming out of the woodwork to take potshots at our players, all of it's the same.

Since we're dancing this same dance, again, I'll put my money in the juke box and play a song, too:

Pot should be legal.

Pot is not currently legal (most places).

So don't smoke pot.

Well, pot should not be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

Same people making the same arguments, some guys coming out of the woodwork to take potshots at our players, all of it's the same.

Since we're dancing this same dance, again, I'll put my money in the juke box and play a song, too:

Pot should be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

So don't smoke pot.

If pot shouldn't be legal, neither should Alcohol. In fact it impairs you worse than weed and serves no medical purpose... Should we go back to the prohibition days then?

• Fire 3

Pot should be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

So don't smoke pot.

If pot shouldn't be legal, neither should Alcohol. In fact it impairs you worse than weed and serves no medical purpose... Should we go back to the prohibition days then?

Throw cigarettes in there too - they kill nearly a half-a-million Americans per year.

And over 88,000 Americans die from alcohol poisoning every year.

However, there are zero documented cases of people who've died from marijuana overdose. Sure there are certainly thousands of deaths caused by marijuana impaired drivers, but how is that any different than alcohol?

• Fire 1

Pot should be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

So don't smoke pot.

You follow all laws? Always drive the speed limitn; never have a beer at a tailgate; don't jaywalk?

How bout' we start a pot legalization thread ...

The point that is kind of lost here is that even if it were legal, Keyshawn is under 21. That is still breaking the law in every state where it is legal.

College kids People of every age are going to do it and I really don't care what they do. In this day and age this kind of transgression doesn't validate a suspension in my eyes. Some interior discipline and some community service to deal with the charge and move on.

• Fire 3

Pot should be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

That's a very linear approach, I like it

Can we start a "The players should be robots" thread? Because some of us seem to think they should be lifting and when not lifting they should be looking at film and when not looking at film they should be studying their playbook and that when they are eating they should also be lifting.

Can we start a "The players should be robots" thread? Because some of us seem to think they should be lifting and when not lifting they should be looking at film and when not looking at film they should be studying their playbook and that when they are eating they should also be lifting.

while I agree with you teach, and have no problem with Keyshawn consuming the herb personally, there are probably other things Key could do for fun besides getting high that is not football related lol

To the people who are saying marijuana should be legal, keep in mind how irrelevant that is to this. In most (if not all) states that have it legalized, the legal age is 21. This dude is in his upper teens. Therefore, it would still be illegal for him to do it. I'm opposed to legalization, but that doesn't matter here. He wouldn't be able to do it if it was legal. Much like underage drinking is illegal (albeit overlooked in too many circumstances), underage pot smoking would be illegal.

• Fire 2

while I agree with you teach, and have no problem with Keyshawn consuming the herb personally, there are probably other things Key could do for fun besides getting high that is not football related lol

Ha...I know...

I almost feel for some of these players now. They have almost no privacy anymore. They go to a bar...have a beer in their hand and next thing you know it is all over twitter.

• Fire 1

Ha...I know...

I almost feel for some of these players now. They have almost no privacy anymore. They go to a bar...have a beer in their hand and next thing you know it is all over twitter.

get caught in your dorm with some weed and instead of just a housing discipline meeting your name is now also on ESPN.com
  • Fire 1

Damon calling out college age kids for transgressions...

That's kinda like a kettle calling the pot black.

Yes, and as we all know, once you've made a mistake in your own life you forever forfeit the right to be critical of someone else.

Point is, college kids do dumb stuff. Damon knows better than anyone.
I don't think he was specifically trying to call out KJJ here. I think he was stating that it's a problem in general, as he's speaking from experience.

Ah, I think you're right.

Either way, I don't see this as that big of deal. Pot is good, mm'kay?