Husker receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. cited for marijuana possession

Never smoked in my life...but find it ridiculous it is illegal. I can't wrap my head around a reason for it to be illegal other than it is too challenging for the government to tax. I have seen alcohol do way more damage to people in my life than pot- especially kids.

On the other hand, I am bothered when one of our players gets busted because they are breaking a rule and hurting public perception of our team.

• Fire 1

We had this conversation when Randy Gregory got busted.

We had this conversation when Stanley Morgan, Jr. got busted.

We'll have this same conversation when the next player gets busted.

Same people making the same arguments, some guys coming out of the woodwork to take potshots at our players, all of it's the same.

Since we're dancing this same dance, again, I'll put my money in the juke box and play a song, too:

Pot should be legal.

Pot is not currently legal (most places).

So don't smoke pot.

Well, pot should not be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

If pot shouldn't be legal, neither should Alcohol. In fact it impairs you worse than weed and serves no medical purpose... Should we go back to the prohibition days then?

I know that it will never happen again (prohibition), but can you think of how many LESS traffic deaths and nonsense there would be if there were no alcohol? Even under prohibition there was still drinking... I am one of the few who think pot should not be legalized... It is more of a what is next for legalization argument.

Hows this for linear:

You are a future husker star with hopes and dreams of 2,000,000 people in your hands. All of your stuff is paid for.

And all we ask is your best shot.

So don't smoke pot.

Husker Football players don't owe their decisions to you or me. They aren't ours.

• Fire 1

We had this conversation when Randy Gregory got busted.

We had this conversation when Stanley Morgan, Jr. got busted.

We'll have this same conversation when the next player gets busted.

Same people making the same arguments, some guys coming out of the woodwork to take potshots at our players, all of it's the same.

Since we're dancing this same dance, again, I'll put my money in the juke box and play a song, too:

Pot should be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

Well, pot should not be legal.

So don't smoke pot.

If pot shouldn't be legal, neither should Alcohol. In fact it impairs you worse than weed and serves no medical purpose... Should we go back to the prohibition days then?

I know that it will never happen again (prohibition), but can you think of how many LESS traffic deaths and nonsense there would be if there were no alcohol? Even under prohibition there was still drinking... I am one of the few who think pot should not be legalized... It is more of a what is next for legalization argument.
can some of this be moved into the thread in P&R? I think joe5700 makes an interesting point.