Husker receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. cited for marijuana possession

Really not a big deal. It's not like he was putting himself or someone else in an unsafe situation. Marijuana is far more prevalent in college athletics (and even the pros) than you might think. He was just unfortunate enough to get caught - seriously, did they search his room? Would we have the same reaction if they found a couple of beer bottles in his room? Doubt it.

• Fire 2

Would be interesting to know how their position coach is handling these situations.

Are you implying that they are treated/punished more aggressively or less so because of KDub's history?\

I have no idea, that's why I was wondering.

But I would suspect it would ring somewhat hollow for KWilliams to be getting after them about choices.

Good thing we have Arkansas State first to get all these one game suspensions out of the way.

Funny to remove accountability from the kid. A lot of what's wrong with people these days. It is illegal, so don't do it. If you get caught it is you're fault

I bet you were the life of the party in college. What so many people here forget is that college is a place you have fun. It's not like he's getting caught smoking meth for Christ sakes.

I get the importance of putting the team first but let kids be kids

• Fire 1

Funny to remove accountability from the kid. A lot of what's wrong with people these days. It is illegal, so don't do it. If you get caught it is you're fault

I bet you were the life of the party in college. What so many people here forget is that college is a place you have fun. It's not like he's getting caught smoking meth for Christ sakes.

I agree...and lets face it...the team is doing this...the guys on the team are drinking, partying, smoking...

How many times should most of us been ticketed while in college? I bet mine was well into the 100's for underage drinking and then later buying for minors when I was 21 and had roomies that were 20

• Fire 1

Would be interesting to know how their position coach is handling these situations.

Are you implying that they are treated/punished more aggressively or less so because of KDub's history?\

I have no idea, that's why I was wondering.

But I would suspect it would ring somewhat hollow for KWilliams to be getting after them about choices.

Good thing we have Arkansas State first to get all these one game suspensions out of the way.

And I think kind of the opposite - he can come down on them way harder because of his situation.

I agree...and lets face it...the team is doing this...the guys on the team are drinking, partying, smoking...

How many times should most of us been ticketed while in college? I bet mine was well into the 100's for underage drinking and then later buying for minors when I was 21 and had roomies that were 20

You always say this, but were we or you on the football team on a full-ride with a different set of standard and expectations? Sorry but it's different.

• Fire 3

You always say this, but were we or you on the football team on a full-ride with a different set of standard and expectations? Sorry but it's different.

You are clueless. The vast majority of college football players party down.

• Fire 2