Husker receiver Keyshawn Johnson Jr. cited for marijuana possession

Funny to remove accountability from the kid. A lot of what's wrong with people these days. It is illegal, so don't do it. If you get caught it is you're fault

I bet you were the life of the party in college. What so many people here forget is that college is a place you have fun. It's not like he's getting caught smoking meth for Christ sakes.

I get the importance of putting the team first but let kids be kids

I agree...and lets face it...the team is doing this...the guys on the team are drinking, partying, smoking...

How many times should most of us been ticketed while in college? I bet mine was well into the 100's for underage drinking and then later buying for minors when I was 21 and had roomies that were 20

You always say this, but were we or you on the football team on a full-ride with a different set of standard and expectations? Sorry but it's different.

You are clueless. The vast majority of college football players party down.

so that makes it all OK?
  • Fire 2

I'm far more concerned about their lack of discretion than their decision to get high.

Could be doing faaaaaar worse things with his free time.

Such as actual drugs, beating women, or driving under the influence.

Sounds like KJJ just solidified that redshirt.

• Fire 1

Funny to remove accountability from the kid. A lot of what's wrong with people these days. It is illegal, so don't do it. If you get caught it is you're fault

I bet you were the life of the party in college. What so many people here forget is that college is a place you have fun. It's not like he's getting caught smoking meth for Christ sakes.

I agree...and lets face it...the team is doing this...the guys on the team are drinking, partying, smoking...

How many times should most of us been ticketed while in college? I bet mine was well into the 100's for underage drinking and then later buying for minors when I was 21 and had roomies that were 20

You always say this, but were we or you on the football team on a full-ride with a different set of standard and expectations? Sorry but it's different.

You are clueless. The vast majority of college football players party down.

so that makes it all OK?

Nope. But to say it doesn't happen is ridiculous. To say they shouldn't get to act like other college students is silly too

• Fire 1

It isn't different. Those guys party all the time. What % of players on the team do you think drink/smoke even during the season? Be honest.

Is the expectation different...sure. Does it stop them...nope

We had this conversation when Randy Gregory got busted.

We had this conversation when Stanley Morgan, Jr. got busted.

We'll have this same conversation when the next player gets busted.

Same people making the same arguments, some guys coming out of the woodwork to take potshots at our players, all of it's the same.

Since we're dancing this same dance, again, I'll put my money in the juke box and play a song, too:

Pot should be legal.

Pot is not currently legal (most places).

So don't smoke pot.

• Fire 5

Damon calling out college age kids for transgressions...

That's kinda like a kettle calling the pot black.

Yes, and as we all know, once you've made a mistake in your own life you forever forfeit the right to be critical of someone else.

Point is, college kids do dumb stuff. Damon knows better than anyone.

Damon calling out college age kids for transgressions...

That's kinda like a kettle calling the pot black.

Yes, and as we all know, once you've made a mistake in your own life you forever forfeit the right to be critical of someone else.

Point is, college kids do dumb stuff. Damon knows better than anyone.
I don't think he was specifically trying to call out KJJ here. I think he was stating that it's a problem in general, as he's speaking from experience.