2018 Walk-On Class

• 1 month later...

Bellevue West head coach Michael Huffman was on the field for his first practice leading the North team for the 2018 Shrine Bowl of Nebraska when he heard a sound that made him stop in his tracks.

There was North Platte’s Bryson Krull, who committed to Nebraska as a walk-on tight end, booming punt after punt through the air unlike any high school player Huffman had ever seen.

Seeing how that list includes former NU All-Big 12 punter Alex Henery, Huffman’s reaction certainly carried some weight.

“I was blessed to be on the staff with Alex Henery at (Omaha) Burke when he was there,” Huffman said. “The ball did not come off his foot like it comes off Bryson Krull’s foot. He almost explodes the ball, and I’m worried because those things are like 79 bucks a piece.

“I hope (Nebraska’s coaches) already know that, but (NU linebackers coach) Barrett Ruud will be getting a text as soon as we’re done with camp to make sure.”

HOL

• 2 weeks later...