Ahman Green Arrested

Fru

Why the hell do I have to be a parent to have the opinion I have. My mom never slapped my face. I've never hit anyone, including my niece and nephew, both of which are ornery as all get out. If you think it's not okay to slap your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend this should be considered even worse.

If you're defending him it's because you've slapped a son/daughter in the face or because it's Ahman Green.

Those aren't the only 2 choices.

I've never hit or even slapped either of my two kids. They are 23 and 17.

And I couldn't give two craps about defending Ahman Green. I don't know if his daughter deserved it or not, or if he was totally out of line or not, but there are instances where it could be a deserved consequence and the correct response.

I know of a few cases where the kids are so unruly that slapping them or getting a bit physical is/would be a much better option than avoiding it. .By the age of fifteen, a kid should be aware where that line is that they do not cross with a parent. If they aren't aware of it, it is usually the parents fault but there are some kids who are just plain bad apples. I have an employee with a daughter who falls into that category. His other kids are great but this one girl, there was just nothing that could be done with her. Guaranteed I would have done more than slap her if she was my kid. The key stipulation being it would have been for her own good and not done in anger. I could tell you story upon story about this girl but the short version is, a pop upside the head would be lot more loving than what they let this girl get away with. It is a miracle she is alive today given the situations she put herself in. A black eye or whatever would've been much better than the numerous times she almost died because she couldn't be controlled.

• Fire 3

Why the hell do I have to be a parent to have the opinion I have. My mom never slapped my face. I've never hit anyone, including my niece and nephew, both of which are ornery as all get out. If you think it's not okay to slap your husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend this should be considered even worse.

If you're defending him it's because you've slapped a son/daughter in the face or because it's Ahman Green.

And I couldn't give two craps about defending Ahman Green. I don't know if his daughter deserved it or not, or if he was totally out of line or not, but there are instances where it could be a deserved consequence and the correct response.

I know of a few cases where the kids are so unruly that slapping them or getting a bit physical is/would be a much better option than avoiding it. .By the age of fifteen, a kid should be aware where that line is that they do not cross with a parent. If they aren't aware of it, it is usually the parents fault but there are some kids who are just plain bad apples. I have an employee with a daughter who falls into that category. His other kids are great but this one girl, there was just nothing that could be done with her. Guaranteed I would have done more than slap her if she was my kid. The key stipulation being it would have been for her own good and not done in anger. I could tell you story upon story about this girl but the short version is, a pop upside the head would be lot more loving than what they let this girl get away with. It is a miracle she is alive today given the situations she put herself in. A black eye or whatever would've been much better than the numerous times she almost died because she couldn't be controlled.

Maybe I didn't deserve it but thanks for the thoughtful reaponse. It was a hell of a lot better than the one telling me I shouldn't discuss it because I don't have kids. Which is a pretty sh***y thing to say considering some people can't have kids. And also because at least one person says probably every other day on here that people shouldn't talk football if they haven't played it, which rules out 99% of my kind.

Anyhow, the only reason I can see for a man or a strong woman to slap a 15 year old girl is if they're being physically threatening.

Yeah, sounds like they were both in the wrong--the 15 year old for not wanting to do dishes/chores, and Ahman for probably pushing that a little too far.

We're talking about something here that, quite honestly, could happen to most parents that deal with unruly children. Not saying it's right, just saying it could happen to most of us.

bullsh#t. To all of this.

Both were definitely acting inappropriately and Ahman went incredibly too far and should have never hit her, if it all indeed happened.

As for his second line, I know you're not a parent and neither am I. But, I had a sibling. Perhaps you did, too. I saw my mother and sister go at it sometimes, so much so that I thought one of them was going to lose it one day and hit the other. It never happened. But, being in that situation, where violence could happen, is definitely a reality for a lot of parents with kids.

Whether or not you act on that aggression is, of course, something else entirely.

The last part is why I said it's bullsh#t. But apparently for most of the people reading this, that isn't a line

Yeah, sounds like they were both in the wrong--the 15 year old for not wanting to do dishes/chores, and Ahman for probably pushing that a little too far.

We're talking about something here that, quite honestly, could happen to most parents that deal with unruly children. Not saying it's right, just saying it could happen to most of us.

Says someone who isn't a parent.
I've never had a girlfriend. I guess I could understand dragging a girl down 3 flights of stairs by the hair. Especially if it was done by a star football player. Boys will be boys.
I'm not Victor, but I think he was trying to make a comment from a parents point of view. Of course, you have to chime in with your opinion, and slamming Victor's opinion. I know you are entitled to your thoughts, but I just think it's lame when someone who has no idea what it's like to be a parent to give advice on how to be a parent. I'm not defending what Ajman Green has done, but I can understand where it can be extremely difficult to deal with a kid who is being a sh#t.
  • Fire 5

Maybe I didn't deserve it but thanks for the thoughtful reaponse. It was a hell of a lot better than the one telling me I shouldn't discuss it because I don't have kids. Which is a pretty sh***y thing to say considering some people can't have kids. And also because at least one person says probably every other day on here that people shouldn't talk football if they haven't played it, which rules out 99% of my kind.

Anyhow, the only reason I can see for a man or a strong woman to slap a 15 year old girl is if they're being physically threatening.

I would agree that in 99% of cases it's probably a bad response. But there are certain situations where I think it would be better than not hitting them, especially if it helped prevent more dire danger. Not sure how refusing to do the dishes would play into that tho..... :lol:

My default is almost always to blame the parent. If his daughter won't listen to him at the age of fifteen then I'm guessing he missed the boat instilling any respect at a younger age. But there are cases I know of where it is all on the kid and the parents have literally done everything they can. So I'm always a bit leery of anybody who takes the 100% against in all cases angle. There are exceptions to almost every rule.

Personally, I would think, being the daughter of a high profile NFL running back, the better punishment might be to take away her gold card and cell phone. Pretty sure that would get her attention better and more quickly. I grounded my son once from all electrical items, tv,stereo, computer, phone, video games, you name it. That got the desired adjustment pretty fast. It's still a running joke in the family to this day "the day dad took away my electricity"

• Fire 1

Green carried his daughter to the kitchen and “forcefully made her pick up handfuls of silverware and put it away in the drawers,” the complaint said. The daughter told police Green was hurting her during this process. When Green let go, she looked down and Green punched her in the face, according to authorities.

The girl’s left eye was “swollen, slightly black and blue, and had two minor scratches,” according to a deputy’s observation.

Green told the deputies he slapped his daughter on the head with an open hand and might have hit her glasses which caused the eye injury.

“Ahman mentioned that he didn’t try to hit her in her glasses, he was just trying to straighten her up and get her to do her (chores),” according to the report. “Ahman explained (his daughter) chooses not to do chores but expects everything to be provided for her ... he is trying to teach (his daughter) to be respectful and responsible.”

Deputies took Green into custody.

The nanny told deputies she has a brain injury and has trouble remembering high-stress events. She couldn’t recall many details, but said she didn’t see Green hit the girl or push her down.

Green’s mother-in-law, wife and sister-in-law said they were present during the altercation and said the only physical contact was when Green carried his daughter into the kitchen.

OWH

I've never had a girlfriend. I guess I could understand dragging a girl down 3 flights of stairs by the hair. Especially if it was done by a star football player. Boys will be boys.
I'm not Victor, but I think he was trying to make a comment from a parents point of view. Of course, you have to chime in with your opinion, and slamming Victor's opinion. I know you are entitled to your thoughts, but I just think it's lame when someone who has no idea what it's like to be a parent to give advice on how to be a parent. I'm not defending what Ajman Green has done, but I can understand where it can be extremely difficult to deal with a kid who is being a sh#t.

"it's lame when someone who has no idea what it's like to be a parent to give advice on how to be a parent."

Do you think there's a difference in having an opinion and giving advice? Cuz I'd say Moraine was speaking her thoughts and opinion. Nobody was trying to tell anybody how to raise a child.

edit: your condescending comments are probably not intended, and perhaps its how you feel/felt when you thought someone was telling you what to do. Feels the same as people telling others they aren't qualified to speak because of their situation.

• Fire 1

You have no idea what I know and don't know. I would never hit a kid. I've been around enough to know that. I've babysat 4 pre-teens at the same time, for 8 hours a day, 4 months straight, 2 years in a row. I babysit my niece and nephew all the time. Telling me I can't have an opinion on this is idiotic.

Btw, I have 3 future kids. They just didn't come out of my body.

You have no idea what I know and don't know. I would never hit a kid. I've been around enough to know that. I've babysat 4 pre-teens at the same time, for 8 hours a day, 4 months straight, 2 years in a row. I babysit my niece and nephew all the time. Telling me I can't have an opinion on this is idiotic.

Of course you can have an opinion, but those of us with kids also understand that it's an uninformed opinion. Violence against kids isn't acceptable but there is a lot of grey area in the area of physical contact and that's why this subject is argued ad infinitum.

Of course you can have an opinion, but those of us with kids also understand that it's an uninformed opinion. Violence against kids isn't acceptable but there is a lot of grey area in the area of physical contact and that's why this subject is argued ad infinitum.

Did you read what you're quoting? If you're male, you don't fit that criteria anymore than I do.

And there is no gray area when it comes to slapping or punching a kid's face unless the kid is endangering people.