Installing water softener - price????

Manual, metered or timed system? How hard is your water? Realistically for a good system you could be looking at 2500+ though you could get a system installed for as little as 500 but it really depends on what you are looking for, the hardness of your water and the size of your home.

Manual, metered or timed system? How hard is your water? Realistically for a good system you could be looking at 2500+ though you could get a system installed for as little as 500 but it really depends on what you are looking for, the hardness of your water and the size of your home.

Would a plumber be able to tell me this?

Home is about 3,500 sq ft

Would a plumber be able to tell me this?

Home is about 3,500 sq ft

you can usually get that information from the city(call your water supplier or check online). There are also test kits you can buy online or you can do a home test with soap(

)

For a home of that size, and the information you provided(wanting a nicer system) I'd say you are looking at 2000-4000. That is somewhat of a large range but again, it is dependent on a few variables (model, installer, ect.)