2018 mid-term

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really????

Why even reply if this is what you’re going to say? It’s not worth more than an emoticon.

I think she is addressing it the wrong way by not mentioning it was a mistake, but I’m not sure which is the best way out of the other 3 options I gave. Admit it and move on? Admit it and call Trump’s bluff? There are multiple ways for her to address the stupid mistake, or do you think she should just lay down and give up?

From what I know of her, I’d be fine with Warren as president. This is hardly a deal breaker. But I don’t think she is the best candidate.

I would prefer Kamala Harris but I don’t know if she has enough of a personality. She’s certainly a hell of a lot better than Clinton though.

Pretty good points here. If you're gonna use your Native American heritage for whatever she was trying to use it for, then you should probably try to help Native Americans.

And now with the proliferation of the booming biotechnology business around family ancestry and DNA testing, convenient Indians are everywhere, and they all want to know what their spirit animal is.

Don't get me wrong. I share in Senator Warren's deep disdain for American corporate greed and President Donald Trump's glaring racism. In fact, by way of policy and politics, there are few things the Massachusetts senator and I don't see eye-to-eye on, but I can't ignore the fact the timing of her announcement is just a little too convenient.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/15/opinions/elizabeth-warren-native-heritage-where-has-she-been-moya-smith/index.html

• Plus1 1

Heitkamp just lost her election.

The Heitkamp campaign, looking to attack Cramer for suggesting "tough people" do not identify with the national conversation around sexual assault and the treatment of women, ran an open letter that slammed his comments and was signed by 127 women. Shortly after the letter published, women began to come forward to say they were either included without their permission or were not survivors of "domestic violence, sexual assault, or rape," as specified in the letter.

They wrote: "Survivors of assault who had taken care to avoid the subject were suddenly bombarded by questions asking them to explain to their loved ones why their name appeared on this list. Women who have never been assaulted spent the day reassuring loved ones of their safety."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/17/politics/heitkamp-abuse-survivors-answers/index.html

Ooof. That reeks of a campaign that knew they were down and was pulling out all the stops.

Can't believe they signed off on something like that. What a nightmare for those poor women. 

Really liked Heitkamp, too. I thought it took a lot of spine to vote against Kavanaugh representing North Dakota.

Oh well, another Trumper in the Senate we shall have.

Question for those voting Dem in the Midterms - do you want Hillary involved or should she allow others to be the voice

of the Dems during this election cycle?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/19/hillary-clinton-democrats-go-away-2018-2020-221608

She has systematically outlined her theory of the case against what she calls Trump’s “assault on our democracy” via a new afterword to her campaign memoir, “What Happened.” The chapter has become something of a post-campaign stump speech, which Clinton has rolled out in appearances on the “Rachel Maddow Show” and at the Atlantic Ideas Festival in Washington, D.C.

She has also participated in extended interviews on CNN and CBS, during which that message has been interrupted by questions about the Clintons’ past. Last week, for instance, she said in a television interview that her husband’s affair with a White House intern in the 1990s did not constitute an abuse of power because Monica Lewinsky was “an adult.”

In just one example of the liberal groans that greeted Clinton’s comments, New York Times editorial board member Michelle Cottle blasted the former nominee in an op-ed Thursday, urging her to keep quiet.

There’s also no sign that Clinton intends to give up the spotlight after the midterm elections, when Democrats begin their process of choosing a 2020 nominee and when a pre-existing relationship with the Clintons is widely seen as a vulnerability

1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Question for those voting Dem in the Midterms - do you want Hillary involved or should she allow others to be the voice

of the Dems during this election cycle?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/19/hillary-clinton-democrats-go-away-2018-2020-221608

I think the Democrats who think she should be involved are stupid.

i.e. I want her to stop "helping."

• Plus1 3