2018 mid-term

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I think the Democrats who think she should be involved are stupid.

i.e. I want her to stop "helping."

Agreed. She and Bill should go buy a house in Kennebunkport and settle into retirement and focus on being grandparents. 

SO THIS MAY BE OFF-TOPIC (IF SO FEEL FREE TO MOVE IT) BUT BOTH MY GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVE STARTED RECEIVING TEXTS FROM REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS. NEITHER OF US IS AFFILIATED WITH A PARTY. I RESPONDED TO ONE OF THE TEXTS "HOW DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?" AND THEY RESPONDED WITH VOTER REGISTRATION RECORDS. ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS IF I'M NOT PART OF THEIR PARTY?

2 minutes ago, GSG said:

SO THIS MAY BE OFF-TOPIC (IF SO FEEL FREE TO MOVE IT) BUT BOTH MY GIRLFRIEND AND I HAVE STARTED RECEIVING TEXTS FROM REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS. NEITHER OF US IS AFFILIATED WITH A PARTY. I RESPONDED TO ONE OF THE TEXTS "HOW DID YOU GET MY NUMBER?" AND THEY RESPONDED WITH VOTER REGISTRATION RECORDS. ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS IF I'M NOT PART OF THEIR PARTY?

Yes. But if you ask them to take you off their list they should.

8 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Question for those voting Dem in the Midterms - do you want Hillary involved or should she allow others to be the voice

of the Dems during this election cycle?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/10/19/hillary-clinton-democrats-go-away-2018-2020-221608

I'm not sure which candidates I'll be voting for just yet, but the Clintons (like the Bush family) just needs to disappear from politics.

All you should need to see to vote (mostly) blue this cycle. A party shouldn't be this indebted to one couple. This isn't to mention the $400+ million influx from the Koch Brothers.

And yes, Democrats have this problem, too. But it's a problem of scale - they have nowhere this much wealth flowing from the hands of so few. Many liberals are realizing the voting public are broadly supportive of politicians who swear off Super PACs and corporate donors. 

Until there is a sustained effort brand enough to achieve campaign finance reform, I don't know how you prevent this other than not voting for these candidates.

• Plus1 1