2018 mid-term

47 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I also voted for the first time ever today. Don't feel good about it, not happy about it, do not want to encourage or perpetuate or take part in this system (and even somewhat feel like believing in the supposed importance of my vote is playing into the powerful continuing to be the powerful), BUT, I realized I could try to at least use my advantages to hopefully help reduce harm to others who are struggling.

I certainly hope you keep voting in the future. 

I gotta ask those of you who actually go waste your time at the polls, why?

For at least the last 8 years we get our ballots mailed to us at our home. We get them about a month before Election Day. We can fill them out at home and then either mail them in or drop them off (which we do) at a choice of numerous locations. It’s been many many years since I’ve gone to a polling location to vote on Election Day. It is so much better than battling the crowds and time constraints at the polls so I’m curious if this voting method is not easily available everywhere or if some people just like to deal with crowds and inconvenience.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

For at least the last 8 years we get our ballots mailed to us at our home. We get them about a month before Election Day. We can fill them out at home and then either mail them in or drop them off (which we do) at a choice of numerous locations. It’s been many many years since I’ve gone to a polling location to vote on Election Day. It is so much better than battling the crowds and time constraints at the polls so I’m curious if this voting method is not easily available everywhere or if some people just like to deal with crowds and inconvenience.

For some it’s habit. For others maybe it’s like going to a concert instead of listening to the album. 

I don't understand why anyone bothers going on Election Day either. The first time I did vote I was surprised you could just go do it anytime, since the long lines seemed to imply that you had to do it that first Tuesday in November.

I voted 3 weeks ago. Waltzed into the empty courthouse on a Monday morning, gave them my ID, filled out the ballot and was back to my car within about 5 minutes.

42 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This needs to happen in every state. I spent Sunday evening filling out my ballot and dropped it off this morning - dropping it off took about 10 seconds.