2018 mid-term

11 minutes ago, commando said:

i live in a small town....there was a line of 3 people ahead of me when i went in this morning after dropping son off at school.  and it's not like a big city...you know everyone so there is some visiting with friends before and after voting.

I live in Omaha - left work at 4:00 - got to polling place at 4:15 was at home by 4:30. I like thanking the volunteers and seeing people out voting. I'm 28 and never had to wait in line to vote at my polling place, I would guess the day I wait in line is the day I switch to a mail in ballot.

8 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The GOP had several proposals on the table to modify Obamacare and no Dems got on board, and McCain was the vote to stall that legislation.  Trump is a deal-maker and perhaps he will find some ways to partner with a split Congress on Health Care and Immigration.  Now if the Dems insist on spending 2 years doing baseless investigations then you will see little get done the next 2 years except a lot of judicial nominees getting passed by the Senate.

You're blaming the Democrats for the Republicans not being able to pass healthcare while they have had complete control of Washington for 2 years. Seriously? This coming after several years of them campaigning on fixing it. Seriously?

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, mrandyk said:

You're blaming the Democrats for the Republicans not being able to pass healthcare while they have had complete control of Washington for 2 years. Seriously? This coming after several years of them campaigning on fixing it. Seriously?

The Dems were the ones to give us the travesty of Obamacare by ramming it through and changing Senate rules to pass it.  It's been unpopular since day 1 and remains unpopular.  The problem with Obamacare is that it failed to address the rising costs of health insurance and focused primarily on access to Obamacare.  The GOP had 95% of its elected officials in this Congress on board to pass updates and then John McCain decided to vote against it.  Now with a split Congress perhaps both sides can work together.

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, commando said:

i live in a small town....there was a line of 3 people ahead of me when i went in this morning after dropping son off at school.  and it's not like a big city...you know everyone so there is some visiting with friends before and after voting.

12 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Another good example although those people are cray cray.

I actually like going to vote in person. But my polling place is 1 block from me and in 2016 it was 3 blocks from me. 

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

For the same reason people go to stores on Black Friday instead of shopping online.

43 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

My precinct is rural, so there's never a line. I just go, fill out my ballot, and I'm out in five minutes. So for me, it's easier to just do it all in one shot.

Okay, thanks. I can see doing it that way if it’s that convenient. It’s more of a headache where I live although they have made it much easier recently by allowing you to go to your choice of voting centers rather than only one dedicated polling place. I’m just one of those, when given a choice, that will choose to avoid crowds. I really like taking my time over the course of a couple weeks, researching the candidates and issues as I go, and then simply driving by the drop off box and not even getting out of my car.

And people that go shopping on Black Friday are insane masochists. I did BF with the wife once, years ago in Omaha. Never again. I don’t care what kind of crazy good deals they may have. I don’t need anything that badly.

11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The GOP had several proposals on the table to modify Obamacare and no Dems got on board, and McCain was the vote to stall that legislation.  Trump is a deal-maker and perhaps he will find some ways to partner with a split Congress on Health Care and Immigration.  Now if the Dems insist on spending 2 years doing baseless investigations then you will see little get done the next 2 years except a lot of judicial nominees getting passed by the Senate.

McCains vote was to shoot down the republican healthcare bill i mentioned, not a bill trying to fix the ACA. The republicans have shown nothing these last two years of solely running govt other than pushing bills through as fast as possible without any bipartisan discussion, doing things to benefit their own party and not the country and doing anything they can to own the libs. I sure hope with dems winning the house they will do whats best for the country, even if it goes against their own party. Thats how we fix this division, start working together for the benefit of the regular people. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

The Dems were the ones to give us the travesty of Obamacare by ramming it through and changing Senate rules to pass it.  It's been unpopular since day 1 and remains unpopular.  The problem with Obamacare is that it failed to address the rising costs of health insurance and focused primarily on access to Obamacare.  The GOP had 95% of its elected officials in this Congress on board to pass updates and then John McCain decided to vote against it.  Now with a split Congress perhaps both sides can work together.

Ramming it through lmao. It took 8 months with multiple bipartisan discussion and multiple drafts. It took a lot longer than two weeks which is how long it took repubs to push their s#!tty bill through before the CBO report could come out to show everyone what a sham it was...

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, Frott Scost said:

McCains vote was to shoot down the republican healthcare bill i mentioned, not a bill trying to fix the ACA. The republicans have shown nothing these last two years of solely running govt other than pushing bills through as fast as possible without any bipartisan discussion, doing things to benefit their own party and not the country and doing anything they can to own the libs. I sure hope with dems winning the house they will do whats best for the country, even if it goes against their own party. Thats how we fix this division, start working together for the benefit of the regular people. 

There have been some bipartisan bills passed on opioid abuse and other things like that but they do not get much attention.  Now the tax cuts which have resulted in the great economic numbers we are seeing should have been supported by Dems but they chose not to.  That will allow Trump and the GOP to continue to claim sole credit for the great economy.  Trump tried giving quite a bit on immigration and doubled the number of DACA illegals to give the path to citizenship but the Dems did not want to play.  It's hard to make progress with a group whose sole purpose since November 2016 has been to resist.  Now by having the House it may force the Dems to come to the table and play ball.  

Now tell me, will you support the Dems pushing countless investigations in the House against Trump, or will you condemn that approach if they fail to deliver on policies that could benefit the American people?

2 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

Ramming it through lmao. It took 8 months with multiple bipartisan discussion and multiple drafts. It took a lot longer than two weeks which is how long it took repubs to push their s#!tty bill through before the CBO report could come out to show everyone what a sham it was...

Those 8 months never involved listening to the GOP.  There was not much bipartisan discussion at all.  Just as the Dems own the repercussions of a party line vote for Obamacare, the GOP will own the party line vote for the tax cuts they passed.  

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Those 8 months never involved listening to the GOP.  There was not much bipartisan discussion at all.  Just as the Dems own the repercussions of a party line vote for Obamacare, the GOP will own the party line vote for the tax cuts they passed.  

and the GOP will own the massive debt they are ballooning?

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

There have been some bipartisan bills passed on opioid abuse and other things like that but they do not get much attention.  Now the tax cuts which have resulted in the great economic numbers we are seeing should have been supported by Dems but they chose not to.  That will allow Trump and the GOP to continue to claim sole credit for the great economy.  Trump tried giving quite a bit on immigration and doubled the number of DACA illegals to give the path to citizenship but the Dems did not want to play.  It's hard to make progress with a group whose sole purpose since November 2016 has been to resist.  Now by having the House it may force the Dems to come to the table and play ball.  

Now tell me, will you support the Dems pushing countless investigations in the House against Trump, or will you condemn that approach if they fail to deliver on policies that could benefit the American people?

There is always a catch to Trump. He says he will do this if he gets this in return. That is what he did with DACA. You will get DACA if I get the wall. If not then no DACA program.

I absolutely would be okay with getting criminals out of government. If Obama was under investigation. Or Bush id be okay with it also. 

PS people in the DACA program are here legally. Therefore they can not be DACA illegals...

Biggest surprises of the night so far.

1.  The Dems overhyped stars (O'Rourke, Abrams and Gillum) all are going to lose.  Despite all the money poured into Texas and Florida and Oprah and celebs going to Georgia for Abrams, they all lost.

2.  Scott Walker appears to be on track to lose in Wisconsin. It was supposed to be close, and perhaps he will still pull it out, but this will be a change for that state.

3.  How early the House was called by Fox for the Dems.  They did so before all other outlets.