2018 mid-term

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The press is emboldened by the Democrats winning the house, and they're not going to take crap from Trumpster anymore. 

Heartening to see. If they'd have treated this lying buffoon like this from the beginning of his campaign instead of as a useful sideshow, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

How the media doesn’t lose their s#!t on Trump and Sanders is beyond me. 

How Republicans sit by and do nothing as he attacks our democracy by calling the free press the enemy of the people is beyond me. That is disqualifying all by itself.

• Plus1 3

I only caught a few minutes on the car radio, but Trump sounded Presidential.

And by that of course I mean unlike any President we've ever had, but relatively restrained and authoritative for Trump. The base loves it, and after yesterday I'm convinced the Republican rank and file have finally gone all-in with their President. Having taken credit for everything that preceded him, he is free to blame everything hence on the Dem Congress. The Fake News dodge isn't going away; it's been stunningly successful.

We may have gotten some checks and balances yesterday, but there's a good chance things will only get worse.

Sorry. I honestly thought I was going to be more chipper today.

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

The press is emboldened by the Democrats winning the house, and they're not going to take crap from Trumpster anymore. 

Heartening to see. If they'd have treated this lying buffoon like this from the beginning of his campaign instead of as a useful sideshow, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

#triggered #snowflake

Holy f#&%ing s#!t does Jim get under his skin. What the heck was that WWE style pace off? If he kept going Trump might have thrown a punch! I'm no fan of Acosta, but that was entertaining all be it sad.

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

How the media doesn’t lose their s#!t on Trump and Sanders is beyond me. 

Because they're better, more honest people, than Trump, SHS, and Jesus combined.

• Plus1 2
19 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I only caught a few minutes on the car radio, but Trump sounded Presidential.

And by that of course I mean unlike any President we've ever had, but relatively restrained and authoritative for Trump. The base loves it, and after yesterday I'm convinced the Republican rank and file have finally gone all-in with their President. Having taken credit for everything that preceded him, he is free to blame everything hence on the Dem Congress. The Fake News dodge isn't going away; it's been stunningly successful.

We may have gotten some checks and balances yesterday, but there's a good chance things will only get worse.

Sorry. I honestly thought I was going to be more chipper today. 

I'm guessing you missed the QA session where he was a complete jackass to reporters and even told pbs reporter Yamiche Alcindor (a black woman) she asked a "racist question" when she was asking why he called himself a nationalist and if he thought that was emboldening white nationalists when they had a white nationalist apparently visiting the white house today.

I'm not particularly surprised he can go rub it in people's faces in the press when they lost and say its because they didn't want to kiss the ring (his a$$), but he comes unhinged when anyone has the gall to question him about his appeal to the neanderthals on the extreme right.  It's how the narcissist mind works; I didn't do that, you do that, but if I did that it wasn't that bad, if it was that bad then you deserved it. 

What's sad is there's an entire party of people out there where that's viewed and promoted as strength.  Strength isn't playing to the baser instincts of old white racism, that's fear mongering.  It does real damage to peoples lives to incite that in his supporters.  Not just for the minorities and left that become targets for his mentally ill incel followers.  It hurts his supporters too, it isolates them, and their augmented reality where everyone is out to get you and you have to be outraged and angry all the time becomes self reinforcing.

It's sad to see.  I grew up in Nebraska where I basically saw people going out of their way to give someone in need the shirt off their backs or help any neighbor in need.  That still may exist out there, but the feeling for me now is more everyone seems colder and just generally (and I've seen this in my own family) people hooked on the right's media become insufferable pricks a large percentage of their time.  I had a few old family members get sucked in and being around them when all they wanted to do was rant about Obama with fox news blaring on the TV (that was on 24/7) was frankly so miserable that the younger members of the family avoided them in the last years of their lives because it was all they'd ever discuss. In reality not all that much changed that impacted their lives, beyond being fed a constant stream of made up outrage playing to their lowest instincts.  The sun still rose, work still needed to be done, and people in general are pretty good and just trying to live their lives.

I wish Rupert Murdoch, Ailes, and Trump, who is both caught in and an active participant of that phenomenon the lowest rungs in hell for turning the last few years of many other peoples lives into a lonely anger fueled hell before they go.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

It's because they weren't interested in fixing what was wrong with Obamacare; they're interested in stirring up their base by being able to say that they "beat Liberal Democrats". That's their party platform, no matter how nonsensical it is. 

Which in turn is pretty easy to understand if you view it through this prism:

The overarching priority of the modern Republican party is to win power and hold onto it. That's it. Nothing supersedes that.

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Which in turn is pretty easy to understand if you view it through this prism:

The overarching priority of the modern Republican party is to win power and hold onto it. That's it. Nothing supersedes that.

Lol...this coming from a supporter of the Left that has spent the past 2 years focused on Resist, Resist and Resist in order to try to regain power, and of which tried to destroy a mans life by pushing a hoax agsinst Kavanaugh despite ZERO evidence and more women now admitting they made up their stories. Thankfully this backfired on the Dems with the GOP picking up seats.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Lol...this coming from a supporter of the Left that has spent the past 2 years focused on Resist, Resist and Resist in order to try to regain power, and of which tried to destroy a mans life by pushing a hoax agsinst Kavanaugh despite ZERO evidence and more women now admitting they made up their stories. Thankfully this backfired on the Dems with the GOP picking up seats.

Not true as we've discussed ad naseum

• Plus1 4
10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

the great almighty dear leader achieved another great victory these midterms!!!!

29 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

You should talk to Ric Flair about what constitutes "evidence" or just stop using that word. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, QMany said:

You should talk to Ric Flair about what constitutes "evidence" or just stop using that word. 

Trying to deflect with semantics is not going to work. In the past the left, in partnership with the biased media, could take these false allegations and create such a firestorm that a weak GOP President would have pulled the nomination. Thankfully Trump and the GOP called their bluff, and now the GOP has an even bigger majority to vote in Amy Coney Barrett and other appellate judges even if Collins and Murkoswki vote no.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Trying to deflect with semantics is not going to work. In the past the left, in partnership with the biased media, could take these false allegations and create such a firestorm that a weak GOP President would have pulled the nomination. Thankfully Trump and the GOP called their bluff, and now the GOP has an even bigger majority to vote in Amy Coney Barrett and other appellate judges even if Collins and Murkoswki vote no.

imagine your rage if obama had done with the courts with his choices what trump is doing to the courts with his

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Nobody ruined Bert's life. If he didn't get the Supreme Court seat he'd have gone back to his regular life.  He literally would suffer the same consequences as Merrick Garland. 

The conservative hysteria over rightfully investigating a rape accusation for a lifetime appointee is tiresome.  The allegations deserved to be taken seriously, they were investigated, no proof was found, and there Bert is.  He suffered nothing more than any other American accused of a crime has suffered. He deserves no special treatment

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2