2018 mid-term

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Does the map they have now follow this law? Or is it just for any new map that's created?

They could just do this with a computer.

Will apply starting in 2020 I think.

We could do all of it with a computer and we'd be far better off. But asking politicians to cough up some of their power, though...

25 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Will apply starting in 2020 I think.

We could do all of it with a computer and we'd be far better off. But asking politicians to cough up some of their power, though...

It was hilarious (depressing) hearing what some of the supreme court justices said about doing it that way. I wish there was a way to get scientists in some more important roles in government.

Hard to find much to disagree with Krugman's take here. But the forces who oppose such tactics have mobilized and have clear eyes now about how the GOP is going about their business. And we're going to fight them. I hope they don't take winning a handful of Senate seats in rather red states and a few governor's mansions by the slimmest of margins after doing everything they can to suppress votes as a sign of success. 

Alas, this version of the GOP has an expiration date. They cannot maintain this rhetoric and these ideas for very long while the electorate continues to change. Their margins with younger voters are atrocious. As Millenials and post-Millenials become the majority of the electorate of the next couple decades, the GOP is going to be persona non grata.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2018 at 10:11 AM, schriznoeder said:

As of a few minutes ago, Democrats outpaced Republicans by 12,188,581 votes on the Senate side and 3,945,061 on the House side. That's a total of 16,133,642 votes! That looks pretty blue to me. But due to multiple states with small populations like North Dakota, Wyoming, and Nebraska being in play on the Senate side, and multiple gerrymandered districts on the House side, the net gain for the Democrats was only 25 seats. 

image.thumb.png.8d6cf4f22471758a0f5bdf7e258d1531.png

image.thumb.png.f5d22f9dfc519e38445fd1a9a4a8b430.png

UPDATE: The spread has risen to nearly 22M votes in favor of the Democrats. But there are only 11M illegal immigrants living in the US. How's Donnie going to explain this one? Did all of them vote twice?

image.thumb.png.076338af2160a53ec75772382f846e9e.png

image.thumb.png.d56b9c54a05849079dd80496358f570a.png

8 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

UPDATE: The spread has risen to nearly 22M votes in favor of the Democrats. But there are only 11M illegal immigrants living in the US. How's Donnie going to explain this one? Did all of them vote twice?

Voted, ran around in circles, changed clothes, put on a hat and went back in and voted......nobody noticed when this was done 11 million times across America.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...