The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I like this response:

Sandusky's victims kept hanging out with him, too.

Republicans are going all in on this guy. At least the ones like Graham are.

As callous and indifferent as their statements are, I'm sure they'll be fine if this all blows over. But if it doesn't - if it's found that these allegations have teeth and these women are being truthful -- they're going to be look like utterly complicit monsters.

I can't understand what their calculus is here.

Are there actually enough entitled narcissistic men that they make up enough of the vote that doubling down on this is worth it somehow?  Is this another case like Roy Moore where being republican and anti-abortion is their sole qualification needed for these people and it's better the rapist you know than literally anyone else?

How in the hell are people like Orin Hatch and Chuck Grassley still there?  It should be embarrassing for their supporters and states, that's right I'm side-eyeing you council bluffs...

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

"They know it's a big, fat con job," Trump said of Democrats. "They go into a room and I guarantee they laugh like hell."

I noticed this stuff with my father when he went far right wing nut job.  They only see the worst in people and world around them and the worst people they know are themselves.  So when he'd say things like that, I just added this at the end in my head ", because that's what I'd be doing." at the end and it made sense.  It was repugnant, but it explains a lot about their mentality, its projection.

1 hour ago, methodical said:

How in the hell are people like Orin Hatch and Chuck Grassley still there?  It should be embarrassing for their supporters and states, that's right I'm side-eyeing you council bluffs...

It's the same state that's elected Steve King, I don't think they care.

• Plus1 1

To step away from all these gross accusations for a minute, a more practical argument against Kavanaugh:

He is a trojan horse of the Haves trying to push their boot down on the throat of the Have-Nots. They can dress him up as an originalist or a fair-minded nonpartisan or whatever they like, but he is what he is. He's a GOP partisan and a safeguard of the wealthy and Big Business against the interests of the public.

• Plus1 2