The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

12 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Yeah, I'm a mostly liberal guy. Most of the conservative points brought up in support of Kavanaugh suck.

That you think I would put party above country shows that you don't understand who I am or what I value.

Yeah, the whole believing the Constitution means what it says deal is just BS man. 

Opposing Kavanaugh based on these ridiculous and unproven allegations is ALL ABOUT putting party before country.

Dems slandered him as a gang rapist to try to stop his nomination. Is THAT what you value?

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

No, he clearly didn't. Read the whole quote rather than the parsed version the HuffPo crowd is using to make it look like he lied.

Read that whole thread of tweets. There are about 20 indisputable lies. Why are you putting Trump above America? There are other conservative judges you can put in there but this guy perjured himself multiple times. Why are you backing him as a Supreme Court Justice? That should be a huge red flag to anyone, left or right.

“Yes we drank beer, my friends and I, boys and girls. Yes, we drank beer. I liked beer. I still like beer,” he said. “The drinking age as I noted was 18, so the seniors were legal. Senior year in high school, people were legal to drink.”

How is that being incorrectly framed??

• Plus1 2
33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, the whole believing the Constitution means what it says deal is just BS man. 

Opposing Kavanaugh based on these ridiculous and unproven allegations is ALL ABOUT putting party before country.

Dems slandered him as a gang rapist to try to stop his nomination. Is THAT what you value?

Oh Ric, we've been through this. Find me a Democrat who called him a gang rapist. You won't because one hasn't.

Opposing Kavanaugh is based on him being a liar on all things big and small. And him being an impartial jurist. And him lacking the requisite temperament.

I appreciate how you're trying to make people who have a problem with these things the bad guys, though.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Read that whole thread of tweets. There are about 20 indisputable lies. Why are you putting Trump above America? There are other conservative judges you can put in there but this guy perjured himself multiple times. Why are you backing him as a Supreme Court Justice? That should be a huge red flag to anyone, left or right.

“Yes we drank beer, my friends and I, boys and girls. Yes, we drank beer. I liked beer. I still like beer,” he said. “The drinking age as I noted was 18, so the seniors were legal. Senior year in high school, people were legal to drink.”

How is that being incorrectly framed??

The drinking age in D.C., just a few minutes away, was 18 then.that seems to be where he and friends went to drink legally.

Try again.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Oh Ric, we've been through this. Find me a Democrat who called him a gang rapist. You won't because one hasn't.

Opposing Kavanaugh is based on him being a liar on all things big and small. And him being an impartial jurist. And him lacking the requisite temperament.

I appreciate how you're trying to make people who have a problem with these things the bad guys, though.

Senator Feinstein asked him about the gang rape allegations at his hearing as though they were serious charges. 

Then one of the Democratic criticisms of the FBI investigation was that they didn't bother with those ridiculous allegations.

As far as Kavanaugh's temperament, I thought he was remarkably calm under the circumstances. He was forced to defend himself against completely ridiculous and uncorroborated  charges he was a sexual predator and gang rapist in front of his wife, kids, parents, colleagues and friends, and the entire country. If he'd walked over and slapped the **** out of that disgusting vulture Diane Feinstein I would have stood up and cheered.

1 hour ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Just compared him to Kim Jong-un. We have it really tough here in America. 

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The drinking age in D.C., just a few minutes away, was 18 then.that seems to be where he and friends went to drink legally.

Try again.

Read the damn tweet thread I've quoted to you. There are 20 other lies to chose from. He perjured himself and that is definitive. Do you support a Supreme Court Justice who commits perjury? I do not

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Senator Feinstein asked him about the gang rape allegations at his hearing as though they were serious charges. 

Then one of the Democratic criticisms of the FBI investigation was that they didn't bother with those ridiculous allegations.

As far as Kavanaugh's temperament, I thought he was remarkably calm under the circumstances. He was forced to defend himself against completely ridiculous and uncorroborated  charges he was a sexual predator and gang rapist in front of his wife, kids, parents, colleagues and friends, and the entire country. If he's walked over and slapped the **** out of that disgusting vulture Diane Feinstein I would have stood up and cheered.

Really? 

2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Really? 

After the way she sat on Ford's allegations until the hearings were completed and they could be deployed and made public against Ford's wishes and to do maximum damage to Kavanaugh's reputation?

Absolutely. The Senate is going to investigate whether her office leaked Ford's letter to the press. She had better hope she didn't.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

After the way she sat on Ford's allegations until the hearings were completed and they could be deployed and made public against Ford's wishes and to do maximum damage to Kavanaugh's reputation?

Absolutely. The Senate is going to investigate whether her office leaked Ford's letter to the press. She had better hope she didn't.

IMO anyone who advocates hitting women is a piece of s#!t

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, LumberJackSker said:

IMO anyone who advocates hitting women is a piece of s#!t

IMO anyone who orchestrates false charges of sexual assault and gang rape against someone for political advantage is a piece of s#!t.

In any event, I'm not advocating for violence. Just pointing out that I wouldn't blame him.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

IMO anyone who orchestrates false charges of sexual assault and gang rape against someone for political advantage is a piece of s#!t.

In any event, I'm not advocating for violence. Just pointing out that I wouldn't blame him.

Not advocating just applauding. Got it