The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

JFC. Trump is going full birther again. He's demanding to see documents. Remember, he's "not that conspiratorial," though.

He is so damn embarrassing as a leader of our country and just as a human being in general. 

Regarding Kavanaugh's involvement in his own insane defense... I'm not sure how much more evidence we need to see to understand that this is NOT a good man. He is NOT someone who should sit on the highest court in the land. That doesn't have anything to do with how he would rule, either.

• Plus1 2
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, BigRedBuster said:

We are actually the largest political group. 

You should try it. 

"we" meaning who, exactly? I believe knapplc was referring to Independents? I have always identified (registered) Republican...but definitely lean Democrat. My neighbor calls me the most liberal conservative he has ever known :lol:

""The percentage of people who identify as or lean Republican has fallen 5 points from 42 percent of the population to 37 percent, according to the poll comparing November 2016 with November 2017, which was released last week. The percentage of voters identifying as Democratic has remained at 44 percent.Dec 10, 2017""

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=8&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiP4OXnpszdAhVEI6wKHZ55CAcQFjAHegQIBhAR&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffingtonpost.com%2Fentry%2Frepublican-percentage-drops-gallup_us_5a2dbf49e4b069ec48ae6aec&usg=AOvVaw0k0-OrNklCJNvHXsXKPU5E

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yes.

LINK

Why be registered to either one?

Ah, gotcha...ideology not affiliation...thanks.

I registered Repub at age 18, many moons ago, because my parents both were...I stayed registered Repub because if I change party affiliation to Independent it makes it difficult to vote in the primary

17 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is turning into a s-show.

It falls under the "Is that all you got?"  category.    :facepalm:     Personally, I don't have a horse in the race outside of justice.  It has become a he said, she said and that is not getting us anywhere.   Let me add: If Kav participated in a scheme to defect attention from him to some other classmate - that is an immediate dis-qualifier.   This is starting to look very bad on the repubs as a whole and Grassley and Trump in particular.  Trump's tweet today are beyond rationality in light of the seriousness of the situation.    My hope is that Truth will prevail and justice served.  How we get there? - we probably won't wt Grassley and Trump placing the process over justice.

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It falls under the "Is that all you got?"  category.    :facepalm:     Personally, I don't have a horse in the race outside of justice.  It has become a he said, she said and that is not getting us anywhere. 

The tweet you quoted is about a possible cover-up. It's not actually about the alleged assault 36 years ago now.

And we have no idea if it's a he-said/she-said allegation.  It's the kind of thing that should be investigated.  And we have time. There's no hurry for a lifetime appointment, after all.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The tweet you quoted is about a possible cover-up. It's not actually about the alleged assault 36 years ago now.

And we have no idea if it's a he-said/she-said allegation.  It's the kind of thing that should be investigated.  And we have time. There's no hurry for a lifetime appointment, after all.

I agree 100%  - I was clarifying my post as you sent yours.    Too big of a decision to be made in the rush to get it done before the Nov elections.  If they tried to pin this on someone else - how utterly despicable is that - try to ruin another man's reputation - it is just about beyond comprehension  - because most of us don't think in that kind of EVIL way.   That is what it is.

Maybe Hillary was correct to use the word 'deplorable' after all - she just needed to narrow her focus. 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is not f#&%ing okay for the president of the U.S. to be saying something like this publicly. We should not become so desensitized that we are f#&%ing okay with it.

A woman in the 80s going to the authorities with this may have been laughed at. Even if not, no one who hasn’t had something like this happen to them should question why someone waits. The negative repercussions of trying to fight back with the law are many. Most people wouldn’t want to deal with that, and that’s one reason we see people making accusations years later only after they find out they’re not alone.

I fully understood why some women waited until Trump might become president to make their accusations, and I understand it here, too. It’s one thing to watch the person who did something to you be successful. It’s quite another to see them reach the very top of the ladder and be in your face constantly by being in the news all the time.

• Plus1 4

This is the GOP senate candidate in North Dakota which is supposed to be a tight race. I’m assuming after reading this that Cramer has raped at least one person. 

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/09/21/politics/kfile-cramer/index.html

"If to the degree there was any legitimacy to Anita Hill's claims, and she tried and didn't prevail -- Clarence Thomas did and America did -- this case is even more absurd because these people were teenagers when this supposed alleged incident took place," Cramer said on the Jarrod Thomas Show on 1310 KNOX, a local North Dakota radio station. "Teenagers. Not a boss-supervisor-subordinate situation, as the Clarence Thomas-Anita Hill situation was claimed to be. These are teenagers who evidently were drunk, according to her own statement. They were drunk. Nothing evidently happened in it all, even by her own accusation. Again, it was supposedly an attempt or something that never went anywhere."

ikckTSXPiklqpTi-1600x900-noPad.jpg

Looks like he’s also good at dealing with Native Americans who I’m assuming didn’t want a pipeline going through their land.

• Plus1 2