The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Kav says he was a virgin all through HS and longer...

This may very well be true. His pick-up technique does not seem to be especially charming. Drunkenly groping girls or shoving your strudel into someone's face may ensure that you don't get many quality dates in the future.

• Plus1 3

57 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Kav says he was a virgin all through HS and longer...This is starting to read like an Onion article. 

That was the funniest part about the article I think you’re talking about. The yearbook one where he (and a bunch of others) called himself an alumni of a girl which is clearly supposed to mean they banged her. I mean, I think it’s a d*** move but it didn’t require a response from him. His response made it worse because the response was a lie.

Same with the drinking thing. Why would he say he didn’t drink as a teenager?

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That was the funniest part about the article I think you’re talking about. The yearbook one where he (and a bunch of others) called himself an alumni of a girl which is clearly supposed to mean they banged her. I mean, I think it’s a d*** move but it didn’t require a response from him. His response made it worse because the response was a lie.

Same with the drinking thing. Why would he say he didn’t drink as a teenager?

No kidding!

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Come on Kavanaugh/Trump supporters, even you have to eventually realize this guy's a liar and doesn't deserve the honor of being on the Supreme Court. There's tons of other judges you agree with politically, why continue to defend this one?

The bold is both true and what's wrong with the Supreme Court today.

First, Kavanaugh isn't the hill to die on.  The guy is damaged goods, and there are tons of other qualified judges out there. Cut bait & fish elsewhere.

Second, Supreme Court Justices shouldn't be picked because of their ideological bent. They shouldn't have an ideological bent. They should be blind to bias. That we're talking about this at all is what's wrong with this branch of government.

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The bold is both true and what's wrong with the Supreme Court today.

First, Kavanaugh isn't the hill to die on.  The guy is damaged goods, and there are tons of other qualified judges out there. Cut bait & fish elsewhere.

Second, Supreme Court Justices shouldn't be picked because of their ideological bent. They shouldn't have an ideological bent. They should be blind to bias. That we're talking about this at all is what's wrong with this branch of government.

Yep, but we're in an age of myteam politics unfortunately.