The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

Are you people really this dense? Innocent until proven guilty. That's what is really at stake here.

At what point are you going to understand this country is divided into 2 groups. All of us, and the politicians. The politicians own the news companies and it's the ww2 German propoganda train all over again. Wake up. Think for yourself. These dc folk simply want to own all of us as servants.

This is all a bunch of made up accusations because a large group of politicians want a different pick. The guy's had his background checked multiple times in the past to get to where he was before being nominated. If all this crap were true, at least something of it would have popped up before. You don't even know anything about his past but you've already condemned him.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ADS said:

This poor woman is going to be out through the ringer because old white men want to over turn Roe vs Wade.

They could accomplish that with any other of the legion of pro-life judges they have on their list.

She's being put through the ringer because the President A) wants a get out of jail free card for his misdeeds on the Supreme Court and B) he refuses to back down and reflexively attacks those claiming sexual assault instead.

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

They could accomplish that with any other of the legion of pro-life judges they have on their list.

She's being put through the ringer because the President A) wants a get out of jail free card for his misdeeds on the Supreme Court and B) he refuses to back down and reflexively attacks those claiming sexual assault instead.

I forgot that Kavanaugh was the only original finalist to essentially bend the knee to Trump not being subpoenaed.

29 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Are you people really this dense? Innocent until proven guilty. That's what is really at stake here.

At what point are you going to understand this country is divided into 2 groups. All of us, and the politicians. The politicians own the news companies and it's the ww2 German propoganda train all over again. Wake up. Think for yourself. These dc folk simply want to own all of us as servants.

This is all a bunch of made up accusations because a large group of politicians want a different pick. The guy's had his background checked multiple times in the past to get to where he was before being nominated. If all this crap were true, at least something of it would have popped up before. You don't even know anything about his past but you've already condemned him.

It can be politically motivated and the claims still be true. You’re another in a long line of people who ask why victims wait to come forward.

14 minutes ago, knapplc said:
And here's the kicker.  None of this ever needed to happen. Trump's decision, and that alone, put this woman through this. It is simply unfortunate for Trump that her strength is greater than his.

I thought about this as I hopped in my car on the way to school listening to her give her opening statement. 

I'm over the GOP's political calculations at this point. They've decided they're going to try to ram through their guy. That's fine. They'd do that whether it was Kavanaugh or not. This is the McConnell dictum. I would expect nothing less.

What infuriates me most about this entire deal is the conduct on behalf of the president and the nominee himself. Trump chose to go down this path, claiming the entire thing is a giant conspiracy by Democrats to impugn a good man and saying yesterday the women who accused him of sexual assault were paid off to lie about him. 

I'm not saying Ford is telling the truth, but the rank dishonesty from Kavanaugh about OBVIOUSLY false things like him never binge drinking, coupled with his weird "I was a virgin for a long time" defense, continue to demonstrate his pervasive inability to tell the truth. Ford may not be telling the truth, but Kavanaugh continues a pattern of lying himself.

More than anything, though, the president's treatment of those who claim to be victims (and his party's complicity in his doing so) is shameful on a level very few things are. Their conduct will be burned into my mind for the rest of my life.

• Plus1 2
20 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

This seems to be the consensus opinion from the FiveThirtyEight liveblog (where I borrowed this tweet from, incidentally) as well.

How they didn't realize that it was going to make them look like a bunch of chinken-s#!ts that don't have the mental ability nor intestinal fortitude to do their job is astounding, unless of course that's exactly what they are.

• Plus1 2