The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

If Juanita Broaddrick had accused a Republican and Christine Blasey Ford had accused a Democrat, you'd say different.

But I wouldn't. 

Stop being a Republican.  Start just being an American. 

That’s absolutely false. Broaddrick had physical injuries and told people afterward what had happened.

Apples to oranges.

As both a Republican and an American, I’m glad that the Democratic hit job on Kavanaugh failed.

• Plus1 1

On 10/4/2018 at 6:45 PM, funhusker said:

I’m past the high school accusations. His testimony alone and his behavior in that setting should be reason enough to vote “no”.  Our nation has drastically lowered it’s standards and it is uphauling....

The only correct take in the last several pages.

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

In any event, I'm not advocating for violence. 

Nope, just explaining how you'd celebrate it.

Strange that you claim to not be a Democrat but your posts make you sound like Chuck Schumer.

I imagine everyone probably seems like a hyper liberal cuck to someone who's vantage point is so heavily skewed towards one side.

No I wasn’t. I was talking about innocence until guilt is proven as a Constitutional principle.

Innocent until proven guilty is what we should hold as our standard? Okay then...

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There is substantial evidence that both Clintons are guilty. There is none that Kavanaugh is.

Evidence. Not Proof. Prove it, Ric. Or shut up about it, because it's innocent until PROVEN guilty

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Guilt should always be based on evidence.

No, it should be based on proof. Remember?

Hillary is guilty of all sorts of things...

Prove it.

being a scummy human being

Prove it.

selling our military secrets to China for money for the Clinton Library

Prove it.

selling uranium to Russia for money for the Clinton Foundation

Prove it.

trading access and influence for cash

Prove it.

using the Clinton Foundation as a conduit for bribes that wind up in their pockets, the list goes on and on.

Prove it.

• Thanks 2

Juanita Broaddrick is a lot more credible and had actual evidence to support her claims.

This is true Ric.  At the time it happened she confided in a friend, had physical evidence showing the assault, and has been able to explain where it happened and when it happened with specificity. Ford provided 4 witnesses to back up her claim and they all denied it, could not remember where it happened, when it happened, first said the mid-80s then changed it to the early 80s, stated she had to get a new front door after telling her husband about the allegation in 2012, yet construction records show the front door was installed before then AND to allow for renting out a unit, and on and on.  

• Fire 1

The partisanship is disgusting.  There's plenty of corroborating evidence in Blasey Ford's account.  Cons don't want to hear it, so it may as well not exist for them. But that's their problem, and their personal problem with truth. 

LINK

Simply put, any evidence that supports Ford’s claim that Kavanaugh assaulted her when he was drunk at a party is corroborating evidence. The evidence may be weak. The evidence may be strong. But it is still corroborating evidence if it tends to support the allegation that Kavanaugh assaulted Ford.

The evidence corroborating Ford’s claims is voluminous: It includes everything from Ford’s description of Kavanaugh’s drinking buddies, to Kavanaugh’s July 1 calendar entry that describes his plans to go to “Timmy’s for skis with Judge, Tom, P.J. Bernie and … Squi,” to Mark Judge’s memoir outlining his and “Bart O’Kavanaugh’s” drinking habits, to Kavanaugh’s Beach Week letter discussing “prolific pukers.” There is a slew of other evidence corroborating Ford’s claims. (Seth Abramson wrote a detailed Twitter thread about all the corroborating evidence; it is worth reading.)

In fact, corroborating evidence includes evidence that counters Kavanaugh’s own testimony. For example, Brett’s claims that he was a virgin who never drank to excess are belied by his own statements about how much he likes beer, as well as the statements of his high school and college pals that he was frequently drunk and bragged about his sexual prowess. Evidence that lessens Kavanaugh’s credibility and enhances Ford’s credibility is corroborating evidence.

Is it airtight proof? No. But does any of this evidence support—not prove, but support—the main proposition? Of course it does.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The partisanship is disgusting.  There's plenty of corroborating evidence in Blasey Ford's account.  Cons don't want to hear it, so it may as well not exist for them. But that's their problem, and their personal problem with truth. 

LINK

Simply saying something is corroboration doesn’t make it so. Kavanaugh drank a lot. He still likes beer. So what?

It sounds like most at both Kavanaugh and Ford’s schools enjoyed drinking and partying. You think it’s a coincidence that Ford’s yearbook disappeared from the school’s website just as she was making these charges? I wonder what was in there... :lol:

The question is whether Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her as she described. A calendar entry that indocated he was goong to have beers with friends says nothing to that.

And what’s most amusing is watching you continue to pretend to be the objective and non-partisan voice of reason as you continue to post this ridiculous tripe. So you complain about the partisanship while being one of the most partisan people here. #SAD

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Simply saying something is corroboration doesn’t make it so. Kavanaugh drank a lot. He still likes beer. So what?

It sounds like most at both Kavanaugh and Ford’s schools enjoyed drinking and partying. You think it’s a coincidence that Ford’s yearbook disappeared from the school’s website just as she was making these charges? I wonder what was in there... :lol:

The question is whether Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her as she described. A calendar entry that indocated he was goong to have beers with friends says nothing to that.

And what’s most amusing is watching you continue to pretend to be the objective and non-partisan voice of reason as you continue to post this ridiculous tripe. So you complain about the partisanship while being one of the most partisan people here. #SAD

knap is the most partisan?   i think your demonizing of dems and liberals and rhinos shows you to be extremely partisan to the hard right.   

1 minute ago, commando said:

knap is the most partisan?   i think your demonizing of dems and liberals and rhinos shows you to be extremely partisan to the hard right.    

I believe both Broaddrick & Blasey Ford.  Ric believes only Broaddrick.

But *I'm* the partisan one.

LOLs

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

What makes it corroborating is that it corroborates her story. Not all of it, not 100%, but some of it.

That's what corroboration is. 

A person who claims to have a legal background should understand that.

There is no doubt Kavanaugh liked to drink. No corroboration of that is needed.

There is no evidence whatsoever that Kavanaugh assaulted Ford. What you claim as corroboration is laughable.

Here is Juanita Broaddrick's account of her assault by Bill Clinton.  If she were accusing a Republican, this would not be considered evidence by Cons. 

Broaddrick, who was known as Juanita Hickey at the time, first met Clinton when he made a visit to her nursing home during his 1978 gubernatorial campaign. Clinton was Arkansas Attorney General at the time. Broaddrick wanted to volunteer for the campaign, and says Clinton invited her to stop by the campaign office in Little Rock.[12] She contacted the office a few weeks later while in the area for a nursing home conference. Clinton said he would not be in the campaign office that day and suggested they meet at her hotel's coffee shop instead. Upon his arrival, however, he allegedly requested that they instead have coffee in her room to avoid a crowd of reporters in the lobby. Broaddrick agreed.[3]

Broaddrick says the two spoke briefly in her room, with Clinton describing plans to renovate a prison visible from her window if he became governor. Then, according to Broaddrick, Clinton suddenly kissed her. Broaddrick says she pushed Clinton away and told him she was married and not interested, but he persisted. As recounted in the NBC interview:[3]

Then he tries to kiss me again. And the second time he tries to kiss me he starts biting my lip … He starts to, um, bite on my top lip and I tried to pull away from him. And then he forces me down on the bed. And I just was very frightened, and I tried to get away from him and I told him 'No,' that I didn't want this to happen but he wouldn't listen to me. … It was a real panicky, panicky situation. I was even to the point where I was getting very noisy, you know, yelling to 'Please stop.' And that's when he pressed down on my right shoulder and he would bite my lip. … When everything was over with, he got up and straightened himself, and I was crying at the moment and he walks to the door, and calmly puts on his sunglasses. And before he goes out the door he says 'You better get some ice on that.' And he turned and went out the door.

When asked if there was any way Clinton could have thought it was consensual, Broaddrick said "No, not with what I told him and with how I tried to push him away. It was not consensual."[3]

Broaddrick shared the hotel room with her friend and employee Norma Rogers. Rogers attended a conference seminar that morning, and says she returned to their room to find Broaddrick on the bed "in a state of shock," her pantyhose torn in the crotch and her lip swollen as though she had been hit. Rogers says Broaddrick told her Clinton had "forced himself on her."[12] Rogers helped Broaddrick ice her lip, and then the women left Little Rock. Rogers said that Broaddrick was very upset on the way home and blamed herself for letting Clinton in the room.[3] Broaddrick says she did not tell her husband, Gary Hickey, about the incident, and told him she accidentally injured her lip. He told NBC he did not remember the injury or her explanation.[3][13] David Broaddrick, however, has said he noticed her injured lip, and she told him that Clinton had raped her when he asked about it. Three other friends confirmed that Broaddrick had told them about the incident at the time: Susan Lewis, Louis Ma, and Jean Darden, Norma Rogers' sister.[3] Broaddrick did not recall the date of the alleged incident, but said it was spring of 1978 and that she had stayed in the Camelot Hotel. Records show Broaddrick attended a nursing home meeting at the Camelot Hotel in Little Rock on April 25, 1978.[3][13] The Clinton White House would not respond to requests for Clinton's official schedule for the date,[14] but news reports suggest that he was in Little Rock that day, with no official commitments in the morning.[3]

Three weeks after the alleged assault, Broaddrick participated in a small Clinton fundraiser at the home of a local dentist. Broaddrick said she was "in denial" and felt guilty, thinking that she had given Clinton the wrong idea by letting him into her room.[3] When she arrived at the event, she says, her friend who had picked the Clintons up from the airport told her that Hillary Clinton had asked if she would be at the event. Broaddrick says Bill Clinton did not speak to her at the event, but Hillary Clinton approached her, took her hand, and said "I just want you to know how much Bill and I appreciate what you do for him." When Broaddrick moved her hand away, she says, Hillary Clinton held on to her and said, "Do you understand? Everything that you do." Broaddrick says she felt nauseated and left the gathering. Broaddrick says she interpreted the incident as Hillary Clinton thanking her for keeping quiet.[15][16][17]

Ford’s evidence should be no less believable than Broaddrick’s because she waited to come forward. I’m sick and tired of the bulls#!t “if it happened, why did she wait?” nonsense. If you think Cosby is guilty, you should forever stop asking that question or doubting people who wait. Unless of course you are factoring in the fact he’s Black, which I’m sure some people do.

Also, she started telling people about it 6 years ago.

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

She has the same evidence as Blasey Ford.

Being "non-partisan" doesn't mean I have to like Trump. 

False. Broaddrick had physical injuries and told people what happened shortly after it happened. Ford had no injuries and told no one for decades.

Being non-partisan means you should be at least somewhat objective and gove Trump credit where it’s due. If you can’t do that, then by definition, you’re a partisan.