The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Ford’s evidence should be no less believable than Broaddrick’s because she waited to come forward. I’m sick and tired of the bulls#!t “if it happened, why did she wait?” nonsense. If you think Cosby is guilty, you should forever stop asking that question or doubting people who wait. Unless of course you are factoring in the fact he’s Black, which I’m sure some people do.

Also, she started telling people about it 6 years ago.

Ford has no ‘evidence’ aside from her own account. NONE. The fact she waited decades to describe the incident and even longer to name him makes her account less credible. It’s possible her memories were reconstructed in therapy. But the long wait makes her allegations less credible.

In America we do not sacrifice individuals on the altar of collective guilt, and we do not entertain that illiberal alchemy by which “nobody can corroborate this” becomes “he did it and must pay.” When the Senate met yesterday to put a bow on this squalid affair, there remained as much evidence for Judge Kavanaugh’s unfitness as there had been on the day was nominated: none. To have rejected him despite this, Collins observed, would be to have abandoned “fundamental legal principles.”

The Senate refused to do so. The Justice prevailed, and so did justice.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/10/brett-kavanaugh-confirmed-supreme-court-justice-prevailed/

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In America we do not sacrifice individuals on the altar of collective guilt, and we do not entertain that illiberal alchemy by which “nobody can corroborate this” becomes “he did it and must pay.”

Yeah. Unfounded accusations are a bad thing. I think we can all agree on that. And the people who peddle them should not be placed in positions of responsibility.

“This whole two-week effort has been a calculated and orchestrated political hit, fueled with apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record,” Kavanaugh said. “Revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups.”

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah. Unfounded accusations are a bad thing. I think we can all agree on that. And the people who peddle them should not be placed in positions of responsibility.

Kavanaugh was precisely correct about that. How many Democrats were howling with outrage about his involvement in Ken Starr’s investigation into the Clintons? They made abundantly clear that their opposition was at least partly about payback. 

They were willing to falsely accuse the guy of sexual assault and gang rape based on unsubstantiated allegations made by wimen with obvious psychological issues. Why do you think they were so willing to go to such extremes to try to derail his nomination?

Come on knapplc. Try harder. This is getting embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ford seemed like a nice lady, but with some obvious issues. Strangely, most psychologists are a little off themselves. Maybe that’s why they’re attracted to the profession. 

Ramirez couldn’t remember details about what happened to her or whether Kavanaugh was even responsible. She was calling mutual friends asking them if he was even involved.

Swetnick is a flat-out loon. Her demeanor, history, and crazy eyes tell you all you need to know about her. Add in her deranged claims and it’s clear she’s simply out of her mind.

Sad that these were the best Democrats could come up with. If they can’t even run a professional hit job on someone, why should we trust them to run the government? 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that was my reaction to her as well. I was surprised Avenatti and Feinstein didn’t present some woman to claim Kavanaugh drove some alien spaceship that kidnapped her and performed some weird experiments on her. After all, if you’re going to make ridiculously obvious lies about the guy, who not go all in with them?

Go big or go home, right? Why halfass it?

14 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

It amazes me how often I hear republicans  resort to lashing out against the Clinton’s whenever they engage in a political conversation or feel threatened.  It’s not an intelligent look.  

Actually it's still embracing the Clintons, one a serial sexual predator and the other his chief enabler, now that we're in the #MeToo era, that's not a good look.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Actually it's still embracing the Clintons, one a serial sexual predator and the other his chief enabler, now that we're in the #MeToo era, that's not a good look.

Oh I’m sure Bill is guilty and Hillary is no saint either, just defend your stance without having to use them.  Not referring to you personally, but several aquaintances of mine always go to the Clinton’s,  kind of like that D-bag Kavanaugh did.   Don’t even get me started about Fox News.   SMH. 

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Oh I’m sure Bill is guilty and Hillary is no saint either, just defend your stance without having to use them.  Not referring to you personally, but several aquaintances of mine always go to the Clinton’s,  kind of like that D-bag Kavanaugh did.   Don’t even get me started about Fox News.   SMH. 

It not surprising that you're irritated hen others point our your hypocrisy. There was no credible evidence that Kavanaugh did what he was accused of. So the idea that Dems were outraged...OUTRAGED...about the possibility, while still championing the Clintons made the outrage laughable. 

Bill did far far worse than Kavanaugh is accused of. Hillary helped to discredit and intimidate his accusers and cover it up. And Dems are outraged about unsubstantiated allegations against Kavanaugh?

GIVE ME A BREAK.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It not surprising that you're irritated hen others point our your hypocrisy. There was no credible evidence that Kavanaugh did what he was accused of. So the idea that Dems were outraged...OUTRAGED...about the possibility, while still championing the Clintons made the outrage laughable. 

Bill did far far worse than Kavanaugh is accused of. Hillary helped to discredit and intimidate his accusers and cover it up. And Dems are outraged about unsubstantiated allegations against Kavanaugh?

GIVE ME A BREAK.

What exactly is my hypocrisy?