The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But.....yet....you can’t see what Trump is when it has been shown to you on here over and over.....

I am not sure I would use what is shown "on here" in this Huskerboard P&R board as a forum of wisdom, intellect and impartiality. Over 80% of the threads and posts I have read are anti-Trump or anti-GOP that anything posted here must be taken with a grain of salt. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

But.....yet....you can’t see what Trump is when it has been shown to you on here over and over.....

It’s perfectly clear who and what Trump is. He wasn’t my first or even tenth choice. But he was head and shoulders better than Clinton.

And we’re damn lucky to have Trump. The country is hitting its stride under his leadership.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I am not sure I would use what is shown "on here" in this Huskerboard P&R board as a forum of wisdom, intellect and impartiality. Over 80% of the threads and posts I have read are anti-Trump or anti-GOP that anything posted here must be taken with a grain of salt. 

There are numerous posters on here who post links to facts that dispute many of Trump and the GOPs claims . Those are usually ignored by certain posters though , and replaced by Trumpeting Fox News /Hannity type propaganda over and over . I take that kind of rubbish with a grain of salt too .

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

There are numerous posters on here who post links to facts that dispute many of Trump and the GOPs claims . Those are usually ignored by certain posters though , and replaced by Trumpeting Fox News /Hannity type propaganda over and over . I take that kind of rubbish with a grain of salt too .

From what I have seen most post facts or data points from sources that lean to their preferred ideology, and the vast majority in this forum skew to the left or are anti-Trump. As an example, the economy is on fire by nearly every way imaginable but there is always some data point someone can find to portray the economic successes under Trump otherwise.  The fact that there are more in this forum who are anti-Trump and posting their preferred data points does not make those points more valid or accurate. 

“The Economy” is on fire for the 1% . “My” economy is unchanged,  or worsened that’s what I’m worried about . And for  that one thing “good” they keep going on about Trump has done and said many bad ones too. He is and should be called out for every one of them which his supporters won’t do . 

53 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

“The Economy” is on fire for the 1% . “My” economy is unchanged,  or worsened that’s what I’m worried about . And for  that one thing “good” they keep going on about Trump has done and said many bad ones too. He is and should be called out for every one of them which his supporters won’t do . 

If the Trump economy is only helping the 1% why does consumer confidence...a measure of all consuners...keep hitting highs? Why is black and hispanic unemployment setting record lows...or all blacks and hispanic the groups making up the top 1%?  Why is the RCP right track/wrong track trend better now under Trump that it was in Obamas final years?

• Plus1 1

Probably because nobody asked me about it so it didn’t include ALL consumers . Black and Hispanic what are high? With trumps attitude towards them I have a hard time believing any of them would support him for any reason . 

Instead of giving a true middle class tax cut they  gave 1.5 trillion in tax cuts to the 1%, and crumbs or nothing at all to the rest . Wages  are stagnant or in decline , and very little of that massive tax cut trickled down as was promised .   Those are  the things I care about because they actually effect me 

32 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

Probably because nobody asked me about it so it didn’t include ALL consumers . Black and Hispanic what are high? With trumps attitude towards them I have a hard time believing any of them would support him for any reason . 

Instead of giving a true middle class tax cut they  gave 1.5 trillion in tax cuts to the 1%, and crumbs or nothing at all to the rest . Wages  are stagnant or in decline , and very little of that massive tax cut trickled down as was promised .   Those are  the things I care about because they actually effect me 

Black and Hispanic unemployment has hit record lows under Trump....unless you think over a quarter of the minority population represents the top 1%.

As for the tax cuts, I am middle class and most I know are as well and we have all benefitted from the cuts. As for crumbs, there is a reason other Dems have called out Pelosi for using the term bread crumbs when many Americans got bonuses and received a reduction in taxes. 

As for wages, there was just food news last month on that front and it was the best result in over 9 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/finance/405652-trump-gets-good-news-on-wages%3famp

And as I shared the right track wrong track numbers are better now than in years....and this polling data represents all Americans, not just the top 1%.

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Bill did far far worse than Kavanaugh is accused of.

Prove it, Ric.

Hillary helped to discredit and intimidate his accusers and cover it up.

Prove it, Ric.

one a serial sexual predator and the other his chief enabler, now that we're in the #MeToo era, that's not a good look.

Prove it, Ric.

the other his chief enabler

Prove it, Ric.

So much for 'innocent until proven' guilty in America. #SAD

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

This really doesn't prove anything other than the fact that Dr. Ford will no longer seek to pursue allegations against Justice Kavanaugh. 

If she was really that distraught over what she claims he did to her, I dont think she would contact her Soros connected lawyer and throw herself into what she knew would be the national spotlight and then the moment after her story is no longer valid from a political perspective she decides its not worth pursuing "justice" anymore.   You continue to see those women Bill Clinton assaulted pursuing justice from him decades after it happened and Juanita Broaddrick is still vocal about how the Left and MSM ignored her story.

20 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If she was really that distraught over what she claims he did to her, I dont think she would contact her Soros connected lawyer and throw herself into what she knew would be the national spotlight and then the moment after her story is no longer valid from a political perspective she decides its not worth pursuing "justice" anymore.   You continue to see those women Bill Clinton assaulted pursuing justice from him decades after it happened and Juanita Broaddrick is still vocal about how the Left and MSM ignored her story.

You might not understand how all of this stuff actually works. There are many reasons that Ford might want this case to go away now, and not because her story isn't true. 

1. Regarding "if she was really that distraught," we don't get to decide how or when victims process what happens to them. Many victims never come forward at all, for a variety of legitimate reasons. Ford testified that she felt it was her civic duty to come forward when Kavanaugh was nominated, but she did not want it to be a circus. If not for the SCOTUS nomination she may never have come forward at all. She has been in therapy for years over this. It is possible that she had come to terms with it on her own level, so perhaps she isn't really completely "distraught" any more from the sense of being a victim. Or maybe she is still distraught enough that she doesn't want to continually relive it, given what she already went through over the past couple of weeks. It is very common for victims to avoid coming forward just so they don't have to keep talking about it, face the perpetrator again, or get involved in a lengthy ordeal that will ultimately not change what happened.

2. Her attorneys were working for her pro bono. It's very likely that they chose to represent her based on their own political connections and aspirations. Maybe once the spotlight of the nomination hearing was gone, the attorneys no longer wanted the case. Maybe the attorneys now wanted to get paid by Ford in order to keep pushing further. Maybe they decided that since the FBI turned in a sham investigation and it did not derail the job interview process, that they did not think the odds were in their favor if they pursued a criminal or civil case which would require a much higher standard of proof.

3. It is always worth pursuing justice, but for victims of sexual assault, what is justice? One of the reasons many victims never come forward is because the eventual end of a case may not necessarily change anything for the victim. The perp may go to jail, maybe a civil suit results in some sort of restitution but I don't know how often that actually happens. Often, victims just want the perp held accountable so this sort of thing doesn't happen again, but rarely is there anything in it for the victim, especially in a case that is going to expose a lot of personal details and is likely to drag on for an excruciating amount of time. That is why it is so difficult and so courageous for victims to do anything at all.

4. Bill Clinton's accusers have nothing to do with Ford, and those situations have nothing to do with the Kavanaugh case, except maybe the hypocritical statements of politicians who may have been involved in both cases. It is a red herring that the right keep bringing up. Anyone who was victimized by Bill Clinton certainly can and should pursue their cases as much as they can, and those victims have to deal with the same trauma and barriers as other victims. It is possible that there are victims of Bill Clinton who have not come forward at all.

5. Ford didn't ask for any of this. I don't get a sense that she sought the limelight, but when it was her turn to go, she found the courage to speak. Now if she turns her polarizing fame into a run for political office like Joe the Plumber or Kim Davis did, it would be fair to second-guess her motives, but it seems she would rather go back to quiet life and weep for her country on her own terms.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 3
12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s perfectly clear who and what Trump is. He wasn’t my first or even tenth choice. But he was head and shoulders better than Clinton.

And we’re damn lucky to have Trump. The country is hitting its stride under his leadership.

Just because Clinton was bad, does not make Trump good. 

10 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

From what I have seen most post facts or data points from sources that lean to their preferred ideology, and the vast majority in this forum skew to the left or are anti-Trump. As an example, the economy is on fire by nearly every way imaginable but there is always some data point someone can find to portray the economic successes under Trump otherwise.  The fact that there are more in this forum who are anti-Trump and posting their preferred data points does not make those points more valid or accurate. 

I'll say the economy in most situations is going strong.  

Question....when do you think most of those data points started building to where we are now?

• Plus1 2