The Courts under Trump - Mega Thread

6 hours ago, QMany said:

tenor.gif

You have repeatedly shown you don't know what testimony, evidence, Due Process, and many more legal terms mean.

I graduated law school, where I was on Law Journal, and now practice as a trial attorney.

I graduated law school, practice as a trial attorney, and teach at both a law school and a college.

Your posts make it sound like you got your law degree from Trump University.

Enjoy your participation trophy.

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Two of these dudes have been falsely accused of sexual assault by multiple women as a part of unsuccessful Democratic hit jobs.  Both were nominated by Republicans.

FIFY. And just FYI, I don’t think Justice Thomas was accused of assault, just of harassment.

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I graduated law school, added a couple more post-grad degrees, practice as a trial attorney, and teach at both a law school and at a business college.

Your posts make it sound like you got your law degree from Trump University.

Enjoy your participation trophy.

Those poor clients/students. 

• Plus1 6
Just now, Ric Flair said:

It’s a pretty good clue....ridiculous allegations woth no evidence to support them are more often than not false charges.

No, you proclaimed them as false accusations.  You must have hard evidence of this.  Let's see it.

And...if you need to consult Qmany on what evidence is....he's probably available.

• Plus1 2

26 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, you proclaimed them as false accusations.  You must have hard evidence of this.  Let's see it.

And...if you need to consult Qmany on what evidence is....he's probably available.

They're ridiculous on their face and there is no evidence to support them. In the case of Kavanaugh's three accusers, the eyewitnesses they claimed all but said they were nuts.

Smells like false allegations.

• Plus1 1
On 10/4/2018 at 6:45 PM, funhusker said:

I’m past the high school accusations. His testimony alone and his behavior in that setting should be reason enough to vote “no”.  Our nation has drastically lowered it’s standards and it is uphauling....

His testimony - avoiding gotcha questions by the Dems was no more evasive than any other candidate for any other office SC or other.  Regarding his behavior:

Let's for a moment put ourselves in his shoes and presume he is innocent of all charges and that this was just a Dem party hatchet job to stop the installment of a pro-life conservative judge - who by the way has had a excellent record on the appellate court and who had been approved previously without issue- 6 other background checks (not a far fetch thing now that the FBI report is complete and shows no collaborating evidence).  His behavior, for which he apologized for being a bit emotional, is understandable when you see 10 senators working towards ruining his reputation and career and more so his relationships with his wife and daughters.  You, know, I'd be more than a bit emotional and let the 'position be damned' for at that point it is about family and a reputation which defines a person more than a coveted position on the SC.   So lets turn the table and discuss the 'behavior' of the Dems.  When they say ' their is no presumption of innocence' it automatically implies that the guy is guilty.  We all know how difficult it is to prove nothing happened.  The lack of collaboration was enough. For Feinstein to sit on the information until the 11th hour is despicable but more so that the information was leaked against Ford's will -  which also left the accuser exposed as well - all for political gain. Why was the accuser not notified by her lawyer that all of her testimony could have been done in private?  Isn't it so this could become public drama # 1 - regardless what it would do the families involved.  I'm more than happy to change my opinion of Kav if substantiated evidence was forthcoming.  Again do I believe something happened to Ford - yes.  Do I believe it was Kav - no based on the past 'non-evidence' and by the positive testimony of many in regards to his personal and public life.  It is time that these kinds of public, mob rule judge and jury tactics end. When due process is thrown out, we've thrown out any pretense of being a country that believes in justice.  It doesn't matter what side of the issue you are on.  When 'policy or political dogma' is more important than the Bill of Rights we are in deep trouble.  To borrow Hillary's word - I came away thinking the Dems were 'deplorable' in how they tried to derail this nomination.   And a 'what about Garland' is no excuse for their actions- I've addressed it in a previous post.  Kav was not in my top 3 of potential candidates but he nor anyone else is deserving of this type of treatment.