Chris Jones out 4-6 months

13 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

I wonder If Diaco thinks this too, and thats why we keep playing them 8-10 yards off the LOS? Trying to keep them from getting torched deep

They have to play off a lot because they often don't have any help deep.  We either need to play a safety over the top or get the OLBs wider to take away the underneath stuff.

Having corners basically play man-to-man all over the field doesn't work.  One would think we would have learned that lesson two years ago but apparently not.

On 9/27/2017 at 1:31 PM, mnhusker said:

I hope he's really feeling as good as he says he is,  adding a difference maker to the defense would be great.  I'm not sure how much the Diaco scheme impacts the corner back position in terms of how far behind he is on the learning curve.   

Guessing he has been very involved in being a student of the defense - he will probably be a step slower then normal, however he was probably a couple steps faster then the other so all should be good.  He doesn't seem like a guy that lacks confidence so guessing he won't need much time to feel comfortable in the spotlight.

would you consider that "career" to be short or long?  Usually when somebody has a long career the last game doesn't mean much / when somebody has a short career the last game means more?  Nobody, myself included said that you gave up on him, But using a word like career as your statement point - weak at best.

3 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

would you consider that "career" to be short or long?  Usually when somebody has a long career the last game doesn't mean much / when somebody has a short career the last game means more?  Nobody, myself included said that you gave up on him, But using a word like career as your statement point - weak at best.

I just used career as a general term since he is now in his second year and I don't know exactly how many games he has played in.  The original statement said it was his best game as a Cornhusker.  My point was that in all the games leading up to last week he hasn't played particularly well

2 minutes ago, LilRedIsABadOmen said:

Interesting. Maybe a couple series for Jones to knock off some rust?

I'm so nervous about the guys on this team re-aggravating injuries.  Don't love the idea Morgan's going to give it a go....That said having Jones against WI and tOSU may keep the games in the realm of respectable. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

I'm so nervous about the guys on this team re-aggravating injuries.  Don't love the idea Morgan's going to give it a go....That said having Jones against WI and tOSU may keep the games in the realm of respectable. 

It will be great to have a sure tackler at CB again and someone who can get off blocks and stop the quick bubble screens. Don't know if Illinois or Wisconsin run those much, but a healthy Jones is for sure an upgrade.