Elijah Blades heading to JUCO

Don't they still use JUCO's as a temporary measure for kids struggling with grades to get their grades up and then return to UNL?

I'm confused since everyone is acting like he is gone forever. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Can he not come back to the Huskers if/when his grades are up to snuff?

Of course he can still attend UNL once he has met the academic requirements through the juco, I think the question is if he will still attend UNL. It's possible he could sign with another school now once he is eligible and I think that is the worry.

At this point it is safer to assume that he won't be attending UNL at all than that he will

• Fire 3

Don't they still use JUCO's as a temporary measure for kids struggling with grades to get their grades up and then return to UNL?

I'm confused since everyone is acting like he is gone forever. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Can he not come back to the Huskers if/when his grades are up to snuff?

I'm sure he will get his grades in order and end up at a Div 1 school somewhere a couple years from now.

I don't ever remember a kid who signed with Nebraska, didn't make grades, went to JUCO and still ended up at Nebraska. It's just very seldom that it works out that way.

• Fire 2

Oh well. If he doesn't come here, he was never ours to begin with.

I guess this is why I don't get overly invested in recruiting. Sure it's all hunky dory when we get a highly rated class but they still have to show up and produce for it to mean anything. These are young kids trying to make the best decision they can, in their estimation. And the higher rated they are it seems like the more issues they have and the faster they disappoint. How's the saying go- It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.