Elijah Blades heading to JUCO

Interesting.

He flipped to us late from Florida. I bet they told him he wouldn't qualify. We decided to take the risk and he didn't make it. If he could qualify at other schools he wouldn't be going JUCO.

I don't believe he was mislead at all by the staff. I could believe that he heard what he wanted to hear and feels let down but there is a really easy answer to all of this........

HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS ACADEMICALLY!

The thing I wonder- did we pass on any other DB's bc/ he committed? I hope not.

I'm blanking on the name, but there was a DB super into us and we told him his offer was non-comittable because we had this guy. I'm sure someone else will remember who it was. Not saying he was an awesome option, I can't recall where he stacked up or where he ended up. Feel like he was part of that Calibraska thang.

Interesting.

He flipped to us late from Florida. I bet they told him he wouldn't qualify. We decided to take the risk and he didn't make it. If he could qualify at other schools he wouldn't be going JUCO.

I don't believe he was mislead at all by the staff. I could believe that he heard what he wanted to hear and feels let down but there is a really easy answer to all of this........

HANDLE YOUR BUSINESS ACADEMICALLY!

The thing I wonder- did we pass on any other DB's bc/ he committed? I hope not.

I'm blanking on the name, but there was a DB super into us and we told him his offer was non-comittable because we had this guy. I'm sure someone else will remember who it was. Not saying he was an awesome option, I can't recall where he stacked up or where he ended up. Feel like he was part of that Calibraska thang.

Onyemaobi? Ended up at TCU

• Fire 1

So he had enough to be a partial qualifier at Nebraska, but that wasn't good enough for him? A PQ is kinda like a forced redshirt, isn't it? So I guess if he wanted to play this year instead, he gets to be a starter at... Arizona Western. :facepalm:

It's tough to say. Last Chance U had that one defensive player whose parents were both killed when he was a boy and he never had much in the way of positive role models to make him care about school. I'm not saying the following is Blades' case, but many athletes view their abilities as their ticket to prosperity. Not school. And who can blame them? They've spent much of their life being praised and rewarded for their athleticism, not their brains.

This kid was as big get. We flipped a UF commit, a day 1 contributor. The way this ends between he and Nebraska is beyond disappointing. No way could anyone predict we would lose 3 guys the way we have before the damn season started.

Waste of time on our part, waste of effort on his part and a huge gain for a season or two for....wherever he is going.

• 4 years later...