Jeff Souder shot in North O

The problem with saying "North O" or "South O" is you are talking about an lot of ground. I live in North-Northwest Omaha. It's great.

There are problem parts of every city, but that doesn't mean you alienate the whole part. The way some people talk, you'd think you couldn't go into those parts without getting shot at, mugged, etc. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

Is there any update on Jeff?

The problem with saying "North O" or "South O" is you are talking about an lot of ground. I live in North-Northwest Omaha. It's great.

There are problem parts of every city, but that doesn't mean you alienate the whole part. The way some people talk, you'd think you couldn't go into those parts without getting shot at, mugged, etc. Which couldn't be further from the truth.

i'm not trying to alienate any part, it's just that certain parts of North O. aren't the safest :thumbs

Sounds like business as usual in parts of L.A. or any big town for that matter or any little town for that matter. Or where there is some DA with a gun and no socially redeeming qualities. I grew up in Lincoln and we would go to Omaha for a movie that wasn't being shown in Lincoln. My mom and dad would be on pins and needles till we were back on Highway 6 heading home. 1965 no less. There are really bad things happening all over the world 24/7.

Omaha may have high 187 rates but the rest of the state drops in down into more Midwestern values. :)

i'm not trying to alienate any part, it's just that certain parts of North O. aren't the safest :thumbs

The area that Jeff got shot at is not a terrible neighborhood. I know several people who have/live close to there and never had any problems. There is a small pocket of North that I would avoid at all costs, but that is pretty much it. sh#t happens in every part of town. Like someone said above, nothing good happens after 2 AM. Here's my take, a bunch of dudes are wasted at a party. Jeff mouths off to some punk with a gun who thinks he is hardcore. He pulls it out and shoots him and his buddy. Case closed, end of story. I have seen some real ugly situations in what some people would consider "better" neighborhoods. After a long night of drinking, tempers get short and judgement becomes poor.

I agree with all of the above. There are good and bad in every city. Yes if you talk trash to some people who think that a gun is the answer to any size dispute, you more than likely will get shot.

No offense meant to anyone in Omaha. As stated , its in every city.

I agree with all of the above. There are good and bad in every city. Yes if you talk trash to some people who think that a gun is the answer to any size dispute, you more than likely will get shot.

No offense meant to anyone in Omaha. As stated , its in every city.

none taken, i know what your saying :thumbs

Im from Chicago, and there is a similar social stigma about the south side of the city. I myself am from the northwest suburbs, and many of my friends buy into that crap. Let me tell you something. As a white kid growing up in a good neighborhood, you are far more likely to get shot by some crazy kid shooting up your high school than venturing into "bad" neighborhoods at night. They dont jack your cars while your sitting in them, they dont try to shoot you if you dont buy their drugs, and you arent gonna get mugged if you stay with a group or simply stay in your damn car. 99% of the shootings in bad neighborhoods are between people who know each other and are either domestic disputes, gang shootings, or drug disputes. If you arent involved in any of those, you will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...