Season 3 is now available.

Quick review halfway through the season:

Don't like the coach and how he's always threatening to cut people. The yelling is whatever, but telling them to F off and get off the football field because they're cut? There are better ways to motivate. 

Kids are kids, they are either not focusing on the grades situation as much or the "lead" players are better at the school part.

Honas gets a cameo (name is not mentioned, team plays Butler CC and 2 on defense is shown a number of times).

In a lot of ways, I enjoyed this season more than seasons 1 and 2. For as blustery as Coach Brown is, it's easy to see he cares much more about his players than Buddy ever did. That, and I actually wanted Independence to win, as opposed to wanting EMCC to lose. 

Malik Henry, though....I think he's going to come out worse for wear from this. Throughout the season, he's incredibly petulant and disrespectful, but there's a scene in the last episode that gives great insight into exactly who he is: an immature kid with a man's talent for football, unable to handle struggle and failure, being pushed into playing football by a father living vicariously through his son's right arm all while not having the self confidence in himself to do what he actually wants to and quit. 

7 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

In a lot of ways, I enjoyed this season more than seasons 1 and 2. For as blustery as Coach Brown is, it's easy to see he cares much more about his players than Buddy ever did. That, and I actually wanted Independence to win, as opposed to wanting EMCC to lose. 

Malik Henry, though....I think he's going to come out worse for wear from this. Throughout the season, he's incredibly petulant and disrespectful, but there's a scene in the last episode that gives great insight into exactly who he is: an immature kid with a man's talent for football, unable to handle struggle and failure, being pushed into playing football by a father living vicariously through his son's right arm all while not having the self confidence in himself to do what he actually wants to and quit. 

I havent gotten to the last episode so maybe my opinions on Henry will change with the scene you are talking about, but my god, that kid is a punk. Would never want him on Nebraska’s team. Gives half assed effort in practice and no effort in classroom. Talks back to authority figures including telling refs “f#&% you”. Terriible leadership skills which is what a QB needs to be. Nothing wrong with a little trash talk but telling a player youre gonna f#&% his mother and cum on her back is going a little far for my taste. Perfect trash talk can be seen by the defensive end at Michigan in their documentary on amazon prime. My guess is this series deters coaches from offering him a chance to come play for them. Actions have consequences. 

26 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I havent gotten to the last episode so maybe my opinions on Henry will change with the scene you are talking about, but my god, that kid is a punk. Would never want him on Nebraska’s team. Gives half assed effort in practice and no effort in classroom. Talks back to authority figures including telling refs “f#&% you”. Terriible leadership skills which is what a QB needs to be. Nothing wrong with a little trash talk but telling a player youre gonna f#&% his mother and cum on her back is going a little far for my taste. Perfect trash talk can be seen by the defensive end at Michigan in their documentary on amazon prime. My guess is this series deters coaches from offering him a chance to come play for them. Actions have consequences. 

He's not on a D-1 roster this year; LCU probably has little to do with that, but clearly his reputation precedes him. 

Just finished the season.   The new coach, irritates me, but he cares and wants his kids to succeed in the classroom.  One quote I really liked "If we go 10-0 and no one graduates I failed these kids".

Also cool to see Iowa Western highlights and Terry Wilson highlights as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Just Finished S1 &S2 gonna check out season 3 . I liked the first two . Where I work we take smart assiness , slams, and creative cursing to a new level, so a torrent of obscenities that would  burn most people’s ear hairs out ,  doesn’t bother me a bit. I actually thought the cussing was a bit much though,  in this one so far . 

Finished watching the rest recently. I watched the Jason seasons first for some reason.

I think Buddy was the better coach of the two, i think his downfall was not being able to explain what he was doing and why very well , and inability to set rules and stick to them. I didn't think he needed to rethink the "big fight" and back off. Explain to them It doesn't matter why you were out there fighting, you just cant do it. All our hard work was needlessly flushed away in an instant and that really sucks for all of us. Isaiah, and Kam , could have been handle much better too.

I thought Jason, and his teams were more entertaining .

Deandre was the best player on any of the teams i thought , I couldn't believe he didn't get better offers. 

Miss Brittany was a drama queen, and  kinda annoying, but she looked mighty nice in them jeans . lol 

4 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Miss Brittany was a drama queen, and  kinda annoying, but she looked mighty nice in them jeans . lol 

While this might be more or less true, there'd be a whole host of problems either fixed or significantly improved if every school had a 'mi' wagnah'