[Poll/Discussion] Are you optimistic or pessimistic in regards to the 2017 season?

Optimism or pessimism?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please vote and explain why you voted that way. I find myself pessimistic for the first time in years. Why am I taking this approach? Pessimism leads to less let downs and more surprises. I can get behind that I guess...

It seems like there are too many new and unproven variables this season which makes me question the success of the team. Growing pains are real. I would assume the defense does not just come out balls to the wall domination in year one of a new system but what do I know. Lee is being touted as the real deal but results on the field are all that matters.

Honestly I hope I am rudely awakened in regards to the Blackshirts and that the O follows suit.

• Fire 1

I guess I truly don't know what to expect, which has me a little pessimistic. I'd like to think our OLine could actually be a strength, but then the reports haven't been as stellar as I'd like. Not knowing what to expect from them has me uneasy about everything else on offense.

I'm willing to be patient with the defense, I don't expect it to be elite but I don't think they will ever quit under Diaco. And I have high hopes for the possibilities with him, even in year one.

I am no longer laughing at the idea of a 6 win season, so I think I'm a little pessimistic. But I also still believe a 9 or more win season is very attainable.

I voted optimistic.

Qb play: improved

Rb play: same

Wr play: down but production up

OL: improved

DL: improved

LB: same

DB: same (would be improved if jones returns)

I think donte is a big improvement over Stewart. I think diaco is a big improvement over banker. Bray and diaco working with linebackers should be good. Parella I'm pretty high on. I really like our defensive staff.

• Fire 1

I'm bullish (relatively) on this team compared to the national pundits. I think we are at least the same or better at every position sans WR/TE. I think our depth takes a hit at WR and our starter won't be as good at TE. I also think we upgraded at DC.

By my count we return 4 OL starters but a lot of these mags and other publications think it is less bc of the injury problems we had last year.

Optimistic, I think this offense could be a lot of fun to watch if Lee is what a lot of people seem to think he is.

As far a the defense goes, I'm more curious than anything. I'm hoping that our defense can take on Diaco's aggressive attitude. If they do and our Dline plays well at all, we could honestly have a really good season.

I would rather vote "wait and see" because I really don't know how this young talent on defense is going to adapt to the new system. And my biggest unknown is how good will Riley's offense really be now that he can supposedly run it his way (minus a true run threat at QB).

Using the standard 9 wins bar, I chose pessimistic. Right now, I feel it is more likely this team wins less than 9 games than more. Hopefully I'll be changing my vote by the 3rd weekend in September.

Cautiously optimistic. The guys are Riley's. Year 3, his system and QB's. That's gotta account for something. Defensive staff upgrades across the board IMO.

The only weak link I see is Jones going down and my less than stellar opinion of Cav and Davis. OL gotta step up if we expect to surprise/prove any doubters wrong etc...

Optimistic, and why not. New D coordinator with a new system, a QB (and backups-plural) that are better suited to the O and play calling. Many seem to be looking at these things as detriments or unknowns. I look at them as obvious things that needed to change. I think we could make it through the regular season with only 1 or 2 losses. And don't you pessimists worry, all it will take is one bad performance and I'll be right there with you. But at this point in time it's all sunshine and Kool-Aid.

It is weird for me...I can see them being super crappy but then come Saturdays in the fall me and my friends convince each other that the Huskers will win the game no matter who they are playing.

Optimistic, and why not. New D coordinator with a new system, a QB (and backups-plural) that are better suited to the O and play calling. Many seem to be looking at these things as detriments or unknowns. I look at them as obvious things that needed to change. I think we could make it through the regular season with only 1 or 2 losses. And don't you pessimists worry, all it will take is one bad performance and I'll be right there with you. But at this point in time it's all sunshine and Kool-Aid.

Teach and ED sum up my feelings.

Plus the older I get, the less the losses bother me. I watch the Huskers to be entertained and maintain a connection to the state I grew up in, so there's just no reason to be pessimistic. I intend to enjoy the ride.

• Fire 3