Nebraska Games without cable?

There's also DirecTV Now, which is a streaming version of DirecTV and has all the channels. I haven't used it, so I'll let others comment on it's quality.

I specifically didn't include DirecTV Now because it's a problematic mess right now, though AT&T did recently commit money and a timetable to fixing the problems with it.

Hulu Live does not have ABC available in Omaha. It is only in a few cities just like Playstation Vue. You can watch those ABC games with the ABC App or the WatchESPN App. All ABC games are on Watch ESPN

Ah, crap, my bad--I forgot to mention that. I'll update my post to call this out. Thanks!

There's also DirecTV Now, which is a streaming version of DirecTV and has all the channels. I haven't used it, so I'll let others comment on it's quality.

I specifically didn't include DirecTV Now because it's a problematic mess right now, though AT&T did commit money and a timetable to fixing the problems with it.

They've been adding tons of new subscribers, so it can't be too much of a mess, and adding a cloud DVR. Here's a recent article:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/13/atts-streaming-service-directv-now-is-getting-cloud-dvr-parental-controls-and-other-features/

• Fire 1

I specifically didn't include DirecTV Now because it's a problematic mess right now, though AT&T did commit money and a timetable to fixing the problems with it.

They've been adding tons of new subscribers, so it can't be too much of a mess, and adding a cloud DVR. Here's a recent article:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/07/13/atts-streaming-service-directv-now-is-getting-cloud-dvr-parental-controls-and-other-features/

That had more to do with the insane deals they were offering initially (e.g. the $29/mo. for everything deal at the onset of the service)--here's an article from June where AT&T proclaimed that they were over the proverbial hump in fixing issues and that a new delivery platform/update was underway...

https://www.wirelessweek.com/news/2017/06/analyst-t-over-hump-fixing-directv-now-issues-new-platform-way

...problem is, if you go to any of the cord-cutting sites, DirecTV Now still has a lot of things to work out, moreso than other newcomers that have been in the streaming media market for a while now (e.g. Hulu, YouTube). No provider is perfect, but DirecTV Now had more things to untangle than others (e.g. customers weren't able to use logins from their DirecTV service to access on-demand via channel specific apps for the longest time).

It is good to see that they are getting subscribers though. Now, if we just don't have a certain paid shill in charge of the FCC kill net neutrality...streaming TV provider competition could really take off. Which would be a major boon for everyone that has access to broadband internet.

• Plus1 1

Also am interested in streaming things. Anyone know how Apple TV or Amazon Fire Tv is?

WatchESPN/ABC, Fox, and Fox Sports are all good on Apple TV. No Big Ten Network app. The Fox app does include most of the Fox owned networks, so they could possibly add BTN. Maybe the Fox Sports app could as well.

Also am interested in streaming things. Anyone know how Apple TV or Amazon Fire Tv is?

I'm a big fan of Roku. Apple products are too restrictive for me.

Roku is pretty good. Just be careful about signing up for subscriptions through it. It's better to just go to the app's webpage to subscribe.

I subscribed to Mubi, Sling, and I think it was Sundance through the Roku. While I canceled them through the Roku, the subscriptions actually stayed active with the services. So, I wasn't using the apps but still got charged. Sling wouldn't refund it but the other two did.

That's why I made the switch to AppleTV. That and getting FilmStruck earlier.

WatchESPN/ABC, Fox, and Fox Sports are all good on Apple TV. No Big Ten Network app. The Fox app does include most of the Fox owned networks, so they could possibly add BTN. Maybe the Fox Sports app could as well.

BTN games will be accessible through Fox Sports Go this year.

• Fire 1

I'm in the same boat (assuming the wife can stream Bravo) . I thinking of trying to explore whatever sling can do, I feel like if I can pay to stream BTN or some ESPN it would close the gap on what games may be missed. At the end of the day not being able to DVR games and other shows is what may keep me on the $150/month plans. So close yet sooooooooooo far to figuring out how to cut the cord, and be legit, I don't mind paying.

LOL! My wife loves Bravo to. Lots of reality shows on that network.

I have AppleTV and Playstation VUE. I watch every thing I want to between the apps and PSVUE. It is a great setup and saves me over $120/month. I also have two Roku's. I like those, but the interface is nowhere near as user friendly or intuitive as AppleTV.

We just went to Apple TV and Vue...it is great! Not a fan of the fire stick. We tried it a while ago and did not like it and very happy with Apple TV. Still getting use to the whole Vue set up, but I like it as well. Anything that will save us money and stick it to Dish is alright with me!

I have AppleTV and Playstation VUE. I watch every thing I want to between the apps and PSVUE. It is a great setup and saves me over $120/month. I also have two Roku's. I like those, but the interface is nowhere near as user friendly or intuitive as AppleTV.

We just went to Apple TV and Vue...it is great! Not a fan of the fire stick. We tried it a while ago and did not like it and very happy with Apple TV. Still getting use to the whole Vue set up, but I like it as well. Anything that will save us money and stick it to Dish is alright with me!

Ya, it is a good service. Plus Sling is owned by Dish, and I won't give them or DirecTV another nickel of my money. Glad you are liking it so far. It pays for a lot of beer every month!!

Vue has a terrible interface on the Roku, but the rest of the services (e.g. Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, etc.) are good. I don't know why Vue hasn't improved their interface, but it is annoying on the Roku right now.

Vue has a terrible interface on the Roku, but the rest of the services (e.g. Amazon, Netflix, YouTube, etc.) are good. I don't know why Vue hasn't improved their interface, but it is annoying on the Roku right now.

Agree. We have all ROKU, and I like it (especially the stick), but the VUE interface was not good. I'd like to try HULU Live this year, but it is still not available on ROKU....yet.