Gender/Transgender In The Military & In General

On 9/9/2018 at 5:35 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

So...

Expanding Legalized Discrimination

I have been talking for some time about what the end game here is for Republicans concerning LBGTQIA people.

Do any of you really even care?  So tired of this sh**.

Yes - I'd argue most of us that come to this thread care very, very much.  

This $hit is happening and is driven by the GOP,  but on the positive side you have states like MA that are getting ahead of things by creating or upholding laws to protect transgendered people and their rights.  

Elections for city and state government mean a lot - we focus so much on the big picture (POTUS, senate, congress) but local governments can impact change when crap is so f*cked up up top.

Stay strong chimi.  Lots of people are in your corner, don't let the vocal minority here get you down, and know that many of us are fighting for you.  I've been MIA from HB for the last month or two as I'm using my time to volunteer on campaigns that are in swing areas - I needed to be doing something besides venting.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

I think someone needs to explain to this person what "science" is. If it's mere opinion, then why do we need scientists?

"It is counter to medical science to use chromosomes, hormones, internal reproductive organs, external genitalia, or secondary sex characteristics to override gender identity for purposes of classifying someone as male or female.”

https://www.heritage.org/gender/commentary/transgender-ideology-riddled-contradictions-here-are-the-big-ones

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think someone needs to explain to this person what "science" is. If it's mere opinion, then why do we need scientists?

"It is counter to medical science to use chromosomes, hormones, internal reproductive organs, external genitalia, or secondary sex characteristics to override gender identity for purposes of classifying someone as male or female.”

https://www.heritage.org/gender/commentary/transgender-ideology-riddled-contradictions-here-are-the-big-ones

Dude.  You're seriously using The Heritage Foundation as a source?  For scientific data?  Try again.  This is laughable.  

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If we can pick our gender, which I am totally fine with...why can't we pick our age?

Most transgender people don't use their gender to get an unfair advantage, so I assume you are not talking about a 15 year old picking 21 so they can buy alcohol.

So now that's out of the way, people pick their age all the time. Hair coloring, plastic surgery, wearing make up when you're too young, buying a fancy car at age 45 when you're balding and thinking it makes you younger, etc.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Most transgender people don't use their gender to get an unfair advantage, so I assume you are not talking about a 15 year old picking 21 so they can buy alcohol.

So now that's out of the way, people pick their age all the time. Hair coloring, plastic surgery, wearing make up when you're too young, buying a fancy car at age 45 when you're balding and thinking it makes you younger, etc.

Interesting points.