Gender/Transgender In The Military & In General

On 8/16/2018 at 8:02 AM, teachercd said:

Wait...am I the only one here that DOES look around in the gym locker room?  I was in there the other day and an old dude was changing and I did the quick look and look away.  

Were you sitting in the urinal?  :)

s#!t happens when you party naked

• Fire 1

On 10/26/2018 at 12:55 AM, It'sNotAFakeID said:

At a rate greater than 0.000000000000%

At a rate consistent with the number of people who claim to be transgender? Of course not.

On 10/26/2018 at 6:43 AM, Frott Scost said:

Just give it up already. Youve been proven wrong. Admit you were wrong and move on. 

Nope. Try again.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

At a rate consistent with the number of people who claim to be transgender? Of course not.

How does this have any bearing on the discussion?

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

How does this have any bearing on the discussion?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am not in favor of banning transgender people from joining the military but until there are some better concrete directives in place, I don't think someone should be allowed to join and choose which gender they want to be when they sign.  

There are issues to deal with like open barracks, open showers, open latrines, physical fitness guidelines, etc that need to be addressed first.  It's just how it has to be.

• 3 years later...

We could all learn a bit about how to have complex discussions about violatile topics from John Stewart.  This is a masterclass on using facts, questions and staying calm and respectful when dealing with someone who is less than educated on an issue.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 year later...
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This topic is ancient, but I couldn't remember where this type of thing was being discussed before. I think Nyad makes her argument fairly well.

I saw this earlier and she makes a good case but I disagree.  If you are a man and you now identify as a woman, that is it, you are a woman. 

Legacy traits is interesting but it is unfair to the guy that now identities as a girl.