Benning on Banker

Fact of the matter comes to this these days. Win or be gone. If we dont win a conference championship within next 2 years i think MR will be gone. Say thanks for the good recruiting but we need to find someone who can actually win with the talent, not just get it here.

Fact of the matter comes to this these days. Win or be gone. If we dont win a conference championship within next 2 years i think MR will be gone. Say thanks for the good recruiting but we need to find someone who can actually win with the talent, not just get it here.

I highly doubt that will be the case. Perhaps if we don't win the division in the next two years but I don't think even that would necessarily be true unless Eichorst is gone.

• Fire 2

Wasn't the conventional thought that Bo's recruiting classes were tending to improve? That's how I remember it from when I used to follow it. That's a side question.

He certainly had some good classes on paper, and there was good talent in general, but they suffered from a variety of missed opportunities. Player transfers, recruiting misses and players simply not panning out the way they needed them to. The offensive line suffered the most in this regard, imo, closely followed by a severe lack of QB talent/depth in the 2015/2016 seasons.

• Fire 4

So far i can't find fault with MR. He's done everything he could for this program. The first year if he had benched TA, it would have caused mutiny in the program, plus no one better to replace him. Even year 2 brought with it some guys not buying in! Now our hands should be washed from the cancer that had infected us. It took him awhile to figure out why WW left but he did and fixed that. He got 9wins last year from a 7win team! I'm still very much in his corner. I understand why the vegas dudes have us at 7.5 wins, were a total unknown. Maybe you can ask them why it took less then 48 hours to jump them from 6wins to 7.5?

I find plenty of fault with MR. NU should never have a losing season. Since 1962, excluding 2004-2007, and prior to MR, the Huskers have 3 seasons with less than 9 wins, and zero losing seasons. MR inherited a team with seven consecutive seasons of at least 9 wins, and 3 CCG appearances. We were told that MR was here to win championships immediately, not to rebuild. There is no excuse for bringing weak coaches from OSU, then firing them after one or two seasons. We were also told that NU had the money to hire top assistants. Lets hope our new DC can work wonders this year. Too bad we lost our top player on the secondary.

"If you remove all the years we didn't win 9 games, we've won 9 games every year!"

For all the 9 win seasons Bo had, I don't think there's any way he led NU to 9 wins in '15 either.

• Fire 1

Cav isn't on the clock yet... He had a patch work, hobbled line last year and this is the first year his recruits will see action.

He's got another 2 years before his seat starts to warm.

Heck, Riley doesn't even have another two years if things go really bad this year.

Probably wrong in that assumption as well. Riley has at least two years based on last year's recruiting and this years'.

SE we'll give him a couple of years to develop talent... Something he proved he could do at Oregon State but hasn't had the time to do at Nebraska.

That is absolutely false

I think we're pretty much done with considering Oregon a top progrum unless Chip Kelly returns when he washes out of the NFL.

Taggart is probably one of the best coaches no one has heard of. I think he's going to do big things at Oregon and it won't take long.

Yep. Guess who has the #1 recruiting class right now. Taggart is raking them in.

Recruiting is easy for Oregon. They should have a top 10 class every year. Yes, he's doing a good job of doing his job. Can't wait to smack the sh#t out of him on the field in 5 weeks though! GBR

• Fire 1

I think we're pretty much done with considering Oregon a top progrum unless Chip Kelly returns when he washes out of the NFL.

Taggart is probably one of the best coaches no one has heard of. I think he's going to do big things at Oregon and it won't take long.

Depends how he is able to control the culture. It's been a weak spot of his.