2018 Husker Football Schedule

Forget 2017 disaster !  My first hint, August 21st 2017 at 1:00 pm event.  Bad omen and it can be seen as a spooky and eerie time as birds stop singing.  The Sun is being eaten !  Relied so heavily on the life-giving Sunshine Pumper, it must have felt like the end of the world !! ;)

http://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2017.html

Fresh start in 2018 !  http://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2018.html

Only 252 days to go :o.  I need to borrow time machine :B)

kqAGJmP.png

Edited by Hooked on Huskers
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, Mavric said:

I don't think we're miles away from beating Wisconsin.  We were tied with them mid-way through the third quarter with a dysfunctional coaching staff.  We were in such disarray by the time we got to Ohio State and Penn State that those games weren't any indication of what we can do. 

Ohio State beat Wisconsin by six points.  Penn State beat the Iowa team you say we should beat every year by two points. 

We're not nearly as far off as we made it look this year.

I agree with the bolded.  However, the top programs aren't nearly as elite as they were a couple of decades ago.  Ohio State got taken behind the shed by Iowa.  Clemson lost to Syracuse.  Oklahoma lost to Iowa State.  Two of the four playoff teams lost to unranked teams.  The top rated playoff teams lost to a team that finished 4-8.  The gap between poor and great has probably never been this narrow.  What happened to us back in 92' against Iowa State was almost unheard of.  Today, it's almost becoming something that happens nearly every week.  There's a lot of teams that aren't that far off.

• Plus1 1

I just heard on the PinStripe bowl (Iowa vs Boston College) that Iowa has been to 15 bowls in the last 19 years. So what! That is way below Husker standards. Bo went to 7 bowls in a row. TO went to 25 in a row, with most of them being major bowls. It is time for Nebraska to put Iowa back in their natural place ... way beneath the mighty Huskers!   

Edited by MichiganDad3
  • Plus1 1

Michigan State will be stacked with returning talent next year. That’s going to be a really tough game leading up to Iowa on the road to end the season.

I’ll go with a conservative 7 wins where I would be pleasantly surprised with more than that, but not that surprised. Colorado and Troy will give us good insight into how the rest of the season will go as they are far from cupcakes, but they are must-win home games.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:01 AM, BaytownHusker said:

I am no expert. But I am 99%  sure our offense will produce alot better then the offense did the past 2 years.  We will be running a offense that the Qb will be a threat with his arm and legs. Therefor will open up running lanes for our backs as well. Just my thought.

Well, all the Riley lovers said that the a strong passing game will open up the run game, only for it to be a complete failure  in 2017.

I agree with you.  The QB run threat opens up the run game.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric unpinned this topic