*** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series Official Thread ***

• 7 months later...

Reviving a dead topic, but I do have something to say.

An Obi-Wan Kenobi movie, even with Ewan McGregor, would be a bad idea.  Why?  Because Obi-Wan is confined to Tatooine laying low in the timeframe most people want this movie to take place making sure Luke survives to become the New Hope for the galaxy.  He keeps Luke out of trouble and takes care of Jabba's goons when they get to close to the Homestead, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a good movie plot for Kenobi out of this.

At this point I would rather have the side movies have their own takes on the Star Wars universe away from characters from the main saga. 

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

An Obi-Wan Kenobi movie, even with Ewan McGregor, would be a bad idea.  Why?  Because Obi-Wan is confined to Tatooine laying low in the timeframe most people want this movie to take place making sure Luke survives to become the New Hope for the galaxy.  He keeps Luke out of trouble and takes care of Jabba's goons when they get to close to the Homestead, but I'm having a hard time thinking of a good movie plot for Kenobi out of this.

At this point I would rather have the side movies have their own takes on the Star Wars universe away from characters from the main saga. 

Take a page out of Rebels and bring Darth Maul back. 

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

IpsuhWn.gif

2 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Take a page out of Rebels and bring Darth Maul back. 

Except Rebels is Canon and that story line has already been resolved with Obi-Wan progressing past Maul's petty squabble.  They have a whole scene where Obi-Wan is above Maul now with his purpose of protecting Luke and is only drawn into a fight when Maul threatens him.  Good character, but there is little to no story to tell for the character.  I guess convince me if you have a good plot for a 2 hour long movie that stays on Tatooine that wouldn't draw attention to authorities as Obi-Wan is there to hide and protect.

For the uninitiated, here's the Maul/Kenobi scene in Rebels:

(spoiler Maul dies in the end)

Edited by whateveritis1224
  • Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't think the timeline is that big of a deal...I just care more about movies that are made and that I like

I've liked all the movies. I just want there to be a new cast of characters. It gives them more freedom. And I just loved KOTOR. Honestly I'd prefer if they go to that time period and had some sith training stuff (although I'm not sure how canonical that'd be [I've never used the word "canonical" before]). In the games there were multiple sith but in the movie universe it seems like there can only be 2. Then it gets more confusing because Sith is also a race.

Edited by Moiraine
  • Plus1 1
  • 2 years later...
  • knapplc changed the title to *** Obi-Wan Kenobi Series Official Thread ***